ATT Hold

dburne

ATT Hold seems to be working pretty good now. I used it today for the first time in the Persian Gulf weapons range instant action mission. Loaded up with the hell-fires and gun configuration , got to the range and established a low hover, then selected ATT and it held the chopper nicely for me whilst I unleashed hell on the weapons range with my hellfires. Or I should say George AI did as I selected the targets and gave him the commands to fire.  Then followed up with some running gun attacks.  Great fun in my learning process today. I so love those hellfires. 

So I would encourage any other newbies like me to give the ATT a try, really helps when your trying to hover and also trying to focus on targets ahead.

• Like 2

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

3 hours ago, dburne said:

ATT Hold seems to be working pretty good now. I used it today for the first time in the Persian Gulf weapons range instant action mission. Loaded up with the hell-fires and gun configuration , got to the range and established a low hover, then selected ATT and it held the chopper nicely for me whilst I unleashed hell on the weapons range with my hellfires. Or I should say George AI did as I selected the targets and gave him the commands to fire.  Then followed up with some running gun attacks.  Great fun in my learning process today. I so love those hellfires. 

So I would encourage any other newbies like me to give the ATT a try, really helps when your trying to hover and also trying to focus on targets ahead.

I'm curious to try ATT hold for hovering. My understanding of ATT hold comes from jets where you keep moving forward in the same attitude. So in a helo hover, ATT hold just stabilises pitch, roll and yaw albeit without the need for forward movement?  

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

7 hours ago, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

I'm curious to try ATT hold for hovering. My understanding of ATT hold comes from jets where you keep moving forward in the same attitude. So in a helo hover, ATT hold just stabilises pitch, roll and yaw albeit without the need for forward movement?  

Yeah pretty much, need to be at a slow speed (< 10 I think or maybe even <6) when engaging for it to maintain control in a hover or slow moving stabilization. I get as close to a 0 speed hover as I can when engaging. If I am moving slightly it will maintain that as well.

9 hours ago, hannibal said:

can u make a youtube video explaining your finidings? @dburne

Sorry no not much of a video guy myself.

Edited by dburne
  • Like 3

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Yes, I find that if I can get to below 4kts and well trimmed out, then engage it - it will hold an almost exact hover. Even more than that, I can increase and decrease collective and adjust altitude and barely need to touch the controls. Even the pedals!

So when we get full functionality along with altitude hold, etc, it's going to make things much easier indeed.

• Like 1

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

9 hours ago, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

Att enables all the hold modes and it’s based off the speed of which you re trim the aircraft. 
so you’re “autopilot hover” or position hold will come from that att button and the fmc will adjust based off how you trim it. However there is no position hold yet, velocity is 5-40, >40 is attitude hold, <5 is position hold (hover hold). All from the att button. 

7 hours ago, LooseSeal said:

Yes, I find that if I can get to below 4kts and well trimmed out, then engage it - it will hold an almost exact hover. Even more than that, I can increase and decrease collective and adjust altitude and barely need to touch the controls. Even the pedals!

So when we get full functionality along with altitude hold, etc, it's going to make things much easier indeed.

Yeah that is what I am finding as well. 

Don B

i was able to get into Autohover hold with the AT trim (left) to work..

i successfully hovered with small input to pedals and collective

how ever when i press trim reset function to get out of the hold..

but my  heli started to spin and go crazy.. and crashed..

what did i do wrong?

• Like 1

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

6 hours ago, hannibal said:

i was able to get into Autohover hold with the AT trim (left) to work..

i successfully hovered with small input to pedals and collective

how ever when i press trim reset function to get out of the hold..

but my  heli started to spin and go crazy.. and crashed..

what did i do wrong?

You can just do a trim switch left again (ATT hold) or down (disengage all) to disengage ATT hold. In a stable no yaw hover, there is always some left pedal. So I think when you reset trim, the pedal centered and there was no more anti torque and so you started to spin. Did you check your controls indicator (RCtrl + Enter)? 

Edited by GrEaSeLiTeNiN

AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | Gigabyte RTX 3070 Gaming OC 8GB | 32GB Adata Spectrix D50 3600 Mhz (16x2) | Asus B550 TUF Plus Gaming | 2TB Aorus Gen4
HOTAS Warthog | TrackIR 5 |
My Files | Windows 10 Home x64

9 hours ago, GrEaSeLiTeNiN said:

You can just do a trim switch left again (ATT hold) or down (disengage all) to disengage ATT hold. In a stable no yaw hover, there is always some left pedal. So I think when you reset trim, the pedal centered and there was no more anti torque and so you started to spin. Did you check your controls indicator (RCtrl + Enter)? 

i was busy trying to get out of the spin to even pay attention...... lol

thanks for info.. will give a try

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

On 5/4/2022 at 6:25 AM, kgillers3 said:However there is no position hold yet, velocity is 5-40, >40 is attitude hold, <5 is position hold (hover hold). All from the att button. 

I’m curious on how much you guys use ATT while on approach and landing? 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

3 hours ago, rweaves6 said:

Only using for cruise and hover, not for approach or landing.

i9 9900k, 64 Go RAM, RTX 4090, Warthog HOTAS Throttle & Stick, Saitek Combat Rudder, MFD Cougar, Trackir 5 Pro, Multipurpose UFC and Oculus Rift S (when I want some VR),

http://www.twitch.tv/zarma4074 /  https://www.youtube.com/user/Zarma4074 

Copy-of-DCS-A-10C-User-Bar-CMR-ConvertImage.jpg

7 hours ago, rweaves6 said:

Currently only using for a hover, or to a hold for low speed hover.

Don B

1 hour ago, Razor18 said:

It's either hover, or low speed, isn't it? 😀

Lol yeah technically I guess so. About closest as I can come to a true hover in that thing

Don B

I use ATT Hold to hold a hover and it works very well, I can be 100% hands free in a hover, but getting into a hover or rotating whilst in a hover is still a nightmare. Using no trim on the pedals is better for rotation in a hover but it does ache my leg after a while so I use center stick which holds it for me, but that makes rotation over sensitive I think as your already on some pedal pressure.

9 hours ago, rweaves6 said:

I have tried, sometimes it works well and I can do a nice smooth landing exactly where I planned to land, other times its all over the place, no consistency so I tend not to use it

Edited by gav88888

I only discovered it working well in the last few days and use it mostly for hover when attacking from range or just looking for targets.  I'm really rubbish at landings so I'm experimenting with using it then to stablise the very last bit of landing before I touch down.

9 hours ago, spikenet said:

Has anyone else found when disengaging from ATT that the controls get locked out until recentred, similar to Trim? Occasionally I press down and then discover no control until I recenter. Is this how it should be?

So this sounds like a bug unless you’re accidentally hitting your force trim release and you use the return to center option for the force trim.