Bug report: Catapult issue in multiplayer

When host is hooked up to catapult 1 with tension on the plane, player two hooks up to cat 2 and as soon as tension is applied, the jet is visibly kicked into the air and into the JBD and/or aircraft waiting behind JBD, sometimes exploding, other times coming to a rest on top of objects immediately behind.

This was tried with player two connecting to catapults 1 - 4 with tension applied with no issues until the moment the host has tension applied to his catapult resulting in the same mishap. Initially we found the error while beginning a mission built by the Liberation campaign engine generator, and then we created a simple bare-bones mission with same carrier and two hornets only. It was tested in all aspects as above with the exact same issue resulting. Attached is the track file showing the result.

None of this has ever been experienced by myself or the host in the many many missions we have flown together online in the same type of aircraft and the same types of missions. It seems as if this started with the latest patch considering we had not flown online at all since before the patch dropped. The issue happens in all terrain sceneries.

Thanks for taking a look.

561st Spectre

server-20220503-171606.trk

• Like 1

• ED Team

thanks I will have the team check it, but it maybe due to network lag. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I am the one that hosted the mission Spectre reported.  One little tidbit.......in one of our testing scenarios, it appeared he had good tension and didn't glitch out until I received tension on the launch bar.  I believe that may even be in the track file he posted.  I remember saying "oh there ya go, you have tension", then looked away and maybe even extended my bar, then he popped.

Me and my flight mates are also having a similar issue. I'm hosting the mission and always the first to lock into position on CATI or CATII.  Any of my other flight mates that go to CATI or CATII, they bounce back as soon as they lock into position. I'm going to have my flight mates lock in first and I will lock in last to see what happens.

Update:  Did some further testing today.  This time around, I had a flight mate connect to CATI first...all good.  I rolled up (I'm hosting the mission) to CATII.  As soon as my "launch bar" touched the deck, my flight mate rolled back into the blast door.  Even when we switch positions, he takes CATII and I take CATI, still happens.  This is happening on two separate missions.

Edited by Drac

I forgot to mention we may have found a possible workaround until it's fixed.  We did one test where he hooked up and launched before me successfully.  Since it only seems to be happening when the host puts his launch bar down (hypothesis only, needs further testing), the people who join should be able to hook up and launch before the host.  Granted, we only tested it once on a barebones mission, but at least it's something to try.

3 minutes ago, Reaper51368 said:

I forgot to mention we may have found a possible workaround until it's fixed.  We did one test where he hooked up and launched before me successfully.  Since it only seems to be happening when the host puts his launch bar down (hypothesis only, needs further testing), the people who join should be able to hook up and launch before the host.  Granted, we only tested it once on a barebones mission, but at least it's something to try.

That's close to what we are doing. I (host) on Cat 2 and one other person on Cat 3 take off together.  Once we are airborne, the third person connects and takes off from Cat 4.

Has this officially been identified as a possible bug?  I see it says "Reported".

• 1 month later...

This started happening after the latest update to Stable. I have tried multiple positions for cats when hosting but when player joins and hooks up, as soon as that happens, he springs in the air and bursts into flames. I have only been using the F18 so not sure about other planes. I will be checking later. Tried mission with just my plane and everything worked fine.

Hello,

We encountered a similar bug yesterday when mate hooked the CAT1 when I, host, was waiting LB extended on CAT2 (but still not hooked)

https://imgur.com/a/9C4Tijm

The track is big (the whole mission) 50MB, but the issue happend only after 10min. Maybe it can help.

http://server.3rd-wing.net/public/Anubis/BugReport/server-20220615-210445.trk

EDIT: In fact, I remember a similar issue on a previous flight 2 days ago too.

https://imgur.com/a/KNGvyeC

Track, big again, because we didn't restart the mission, but still, here is the file. Issue after 9min40.

http://server.3rd-wing.net/public/Anubis/BugReport/server-20220613-211415.trk

Edited by Anubis_94

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...