Performance in VR > Wow

TOViper

He folks!

Coming with the latest OB Update 2.7.11.23362, I experience an increase in fps while operating on the SC.
Textures are set to HIGH, Terrain Textures are at LOW (no need), and Water is set to MEDIUM.

Now comes the point:
Even on my system with the 1070 GTX, having:
 - Shadows ON (the "new" ones and the "old" ones),
 - A lot of deck personel visible
 - Some Tomcats and Hornets (AI + static) on the deck
the fps is far higher than before, I would say in the region of about 50% :happy:

I don't know what happend in the background, but I have the impression that ED implemented some improvements and optimizations.
In the next days I will fly a lot on the carrier, and hopefully there are no degredations on other parts of the SC not visible at first glance.

I just want to share this and give ED feedback on this long lasting issue.
I am now really happy again, since the SC was P.I.T.A. in terms of frame rate for a very long time.

Whatever you guys at ED have done, the latest update brought a noticeable improvement!

Kind regards,
TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

I agree with you, on my rig (5800x-32GoRam & RTX3070) the experience by night with secondary shadow on (a game changer in immersion) are excellent. Even with other FA18 and Tomcat AI being launch or parked.

Texture high, shadow medium water high and cloud high. MSAA2.

Completly smooth. Really great!

14 hours ago, TOViper said:

Oculus Rift CV1 (Oculus Dash), no SteamVR here.

Yeah same here, CV1. I use the traytool to boost the SS (1.5) and msaa x2 is a great compromise performanse/visual (no shimering).

I'm at 45 ips stable with retroprojection. Before the patch with a full deck by day without secondary shadow I was at 25 ips. Mega boost!

Bizard me on my side it's the textures that sound on Medium and the terrain textures on Hight
on the other hand water and on Hight too. And I shoot at 47 fps on all the cards before the last 2 patches I was shooting at 10 fps less
Msaa X0 the c is less good.

🤒

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/30/2022 at 9:48 PM, Sepp666 said:

Hi there, also a CV1 user here. Do you guys tested the CV1 with windows 11 yet? I wonder if it works and at what performance? 

Negative. CPU's/mainboards of both computers are not supported by Windows 11 (furtunately ... 😉  )

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1