Need help recording in vr

Everytime i try recording, either using shadowplay, obs or anything else, i end up with it recording not only my headset, what i see, but also of the monitor. I have a screenshot here for reference. And what i see, i.e. the headset is a like a cutout image - which looks pretty lame. I tried submitting a support ticket to Steam, but am having issues with that too! Anyway to record just what is displayed on the desktop and not the headset?

My hardware is: 11Gen i core I5-11600, 3.91 GHZ, 16GB RAM, GRAPHICS CARD: GTX 3070TI, VR: VALVE INDEX

headset-image-with-desktop.png

• 4 weeks later...

If you have a VR mirror application that mirrors what you see in the VR headset to the screen (typically cropped to screen dimensions), you can select the window of that application in OBS as the source window. That is what worked best for me so far. The nVidia graphics cards come with an option that allows you to record the graphics output to the screen too, but I have not yet figured out if it can also directly record the VR graphics output. If anyone knows how to do that, that would be great to know too.