New look forum

Hey DCS I like the new look forum thank you,

• Like 2

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

It's just reordered, it was becoming unmanageable sizes and now it makes sense.

1 hour ago, peachmonkey said:

can't find Virtual Reality forum anymore... wth did it go...

Look at every title on top, they're quite self-explanatory. But, there you go just in case, is that what you were looking for?

https://forum.dcs.world/forum/302-virtual-reality/

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

1 hour ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

It's just reordered, it was becoming unmanageable sizes and now it makes sense.

Look at every title on top, they're quite self-explanatory. But, there you go just in case, is that what you were looking for?

https://forum.dcs.world/forum/302-virtual-reality/

navigating to the subforums is a pain in the ass. Why such a drastic change, was it hurting something/someone?

Imagine a noob trying to find anything now..

image.png

• Like 2

Structure is relatively the same, just in a new place so you don't have to scroll down soooooo much for everything. It wasn't much less painful before, a couple steps outer from that address you post there, it's just you already knew the place :biggrin: .

• Like 3

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

4 hours ago, peachmonkey said:

navigating to the subforums is a pain in the ass. Why such a drastic change, was it hurting something/someone?

Imagine a noob trying to find anything now..

image.png

By the way, just FYI, it's now probably even quicker to get to the place you want to. There are more "quick links" (those yellow buttons below main subforums) so I can be in Virtual Reality subforum literally in two clicks. Not sure if it was so quick before 🤔 .

• Like 1

Some sub-sections are in questionable and messy locations now I'd say, but like with last forum migration and redesign, it will just require getting used to. After a couple of weeks people won't remember previous layout anymore.

• Like 5

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

13 hours ago, Ala13_ManOWar said:

By the way, just FYI, it's now probably even quicker to get to the place you want to. There are more "quick links" (those yellow buttons below main subforums) so I can be in Virtual Reality subforum literally in two clicks. Not sure if it was so quick before 🤔 .

it was a one click before 😄 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, peachmonkey said:

it was a one click before 😄 

🤣🤣🤣  Ok, never went there, I don't have VR :biggrin: .

• Like 2

I dislike how I no longer can see if the module forums I am interested in have new posts or not.

P.S.: Do like the addition of the module icons, though.

Edited by Kang
  • Like 1

@BIGNEWY@NineLine I have a problem with notifications either, I see unread forums out in Home forums, (look at DCS WWII),

ED_forum_1.jpg

But when I got into the subsection I can't see those unread notifications any more (address on top), so I can't know what's new post, or not until I got into any of those one by one. Only noticed for this WWII section, but might be other ones with the same problem, not all of them though,

ED_forum_2.jpg

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar