Increasing virtual head rotation- Reverb G2

KevyKevTPA

Is there any way to adjust the rotational views in VR? By that I mean, can I set it so that if my physical head turns 90°, can I make the VR view rotate, say, 110°??

I'm disabled and because of limitations caused by that, and the fact that I play from bed, I can't really whip my head around to say see my wings, assuming of course I'm flying something that you can see the wings in the first place, and it's kind of a pain.  I've looked around to see if there is a solution to do this and have come up empty.

Does anyone have any thoughts, or maybe you've done something similar yourself? 
  • Like 1

I'm not aware of a way to increase head rotation in VR. However, you can rest your view to look further in a certain direction. You can do this by moving your head as far as comfortable one direction and then resting your view to that point. You can then look back the other way and you'll be able to see much further behind you. I hope this helps.

Edited by ddc196

AMD Ryzen 9 5900 - AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT - 64GB 3200 - Win 11 - 2 TB SSD (game drive) - Quest 3.

Yeah VR necksaver is really promising, doesn't work in OXR (yet) but it definitely works

Edited by DeltaMike
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

8 hours ago, DeltaMike said:

Yeah VR necksaver is really promising, doesn't work in OXR (yet) but it definitely works

I guess I'll have to keep my eye on it, because I am NOT using Steam VR.  The performance was OK, but I couldn't go an hour without it crashing, and that's being charitable, as it was usually a lot less than that.

Thanks all!!  If anyone else knows something the rest of us don't, by all means...

DDC posted another work around up there...

Look as far as you can left, reset your view, then look as far right.  This will add the degrees you looked left to the degrees you can look right.  Then when you're done look ahead and reset again.

Not for the squeamish :).

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

It's somewhat surprising ED haven't considered making this a stock feature yet. I rely on Necksafer, in fact it's so core to my combat sim experience it now dictates which VR headsets I'll consider. Perhaps if enough people request a feature like this be integrated into the game we'll get some simple option for VR view curves.

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Does this work on quest2

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

On 5/5/2022 at 6:03 AM, KevyKevTPA said:

I guess I'll have to keep my eye on it, because I am NOT using Steam VR.  The performance was OK, but I couldn't go an hour without it crashing, and that's being charitable, as it was usually a lot less than that.

Thanks all!!  If anyone else knows something the rest of us don't, by all means...

VRNeckSafer is the best and only real option for additional rotation. Works great in IL2 and Elite Dangerous as well. As far as StreamVR, many of us use it without any issues. And if yours is running for some time and then crashing, it is likely a local issue and not strictly a SteamVR issue. Local meaning you need to do some work on your PC, up to and including a fresh install of the OS if necessary. SteamVR, despite some of the hate, works fine. The issue most folks have with VR is 1. unrealistic expectations with their hardware compared to the headset/graphics settings they are trying to push and 2. lack of housekeeping in their OS 

9 hours ago, KoN said:

Does this work on quest2

VRNecksafer works on DCS, IL2, Elite Dangerous and probably more (I haven't tested) but you have to be using SteamVR. SteamVR is what is important, not the headset (although I think it doesn't work with the Varjo, but that is a special product lol)

Edited by DirtyMike0330
  • Like 1

PC: ASUS TUF 4090oc - Ryzen 7950X3D - 32gb DDR5 6000 - Quest Pro

Sims: DCS, IL2, MSFS

Pilot Skill: Drunk guy from Independence Day

RIO Skill: Goose (post neck-break) 

6 hours ago, DirtyMike0330 said:

VRNeckSafer is the best and only real option for additional rotation. Works great in IL2 and Elite Dangerous as well. As far as StreamVR, many of us use it without any issues. And if yours is running for some time and then crashing, it is likely a local issue and not strictly a SteamVR issue. Local meaning you need to do some work on your PC, up to and including a fresh install of the OS if necessary. SteamVR, despite some of the hate, works fine. The issue most folks have with VR is 1. unrealistic expectations with their hardware compared to the headset/graphics settings they are trying to push and 2. lack of housekeeping in their OS 

VRNecksafer works on DCS, IL2, Elite Dangerous and probably more (I haven't tested) but you have to be using SteamVR. SteamVR is what is important, not the headset (although I think it doesn't work with the Varjo, but that is a special product lol)

I concur.

I fly with a G2 on SteamVR for hours in MP with no issues daily. My wingman flies twice as much as I do, also with no issues with SteamVR crashing. I use NeckSafer. My wingman sits in an office chair, so he uses the rotation of the chair instead. Since I sit in a stationary seat, NeckSafer is the only way to get the extra 30 degrees of peripheral vision the HMD cuts off.

• Like 1

EDsignaturefleet.jpg

• 4 months later...
On 5/15/2022 at 12:31 PM, =475FG= Dawger said:

I concur.

I fly with a G2 on SteamVR for hours in MP with no issues daily. My wingman flies twice as much as I do, also with no issues with SteamVR crashing. I use NeckSafer. My wingman sits in an office chair, so he uses the rotation of the chair instead. Since I sit in a stationary seat, NeckSafer is the only way to get the extra 30 degrees of peripheral vision the HMD cuts off.

Could you post your settings.  I also use a G2.  Thanks 

Edit:  Got it sorted.

Edited by Drac