List of aircrafts that works or not VAICOM

Japo32

Hello!

Because I am tired of waiting for a fix from @Hollywood_315on the multiple issues that Vaicom has, I have decided to share a list of the aircrafts that works for me Vaicom or not. And that way it can help others to try to find solutions and new people to share if it is working for his module propertly or not.

For testing I just call the "show options" and "menu item #" to see if the manus appear or not, because that maybe is the most important command to work in Vaicom (all can be processed through menus with voice at least.

For testing I am loading two quick Caucacus missions. One on ground with engines running and other free flight. I have seen that there is a problem on some aircrafts when flying. All are with complex communications, but if one of them doesn't work also will put if it works with simple communications.

1. A10c I&II - No problem

2. A4E-C - Works on Ground but not on Air (menus don't show up). With Simple Comms, no problem. (I just put this one that is a free one and it is known Vaicom don't support mods)

3. AH64 Apache - On Ground (OK - QMission=HotStart) - On Air (sometimes when takeoff from quick mission on ground. On Mission editor airborned start NO WORK (menu don't show up)
with Easy Comms = All works ok.

4. AJS37 Viggen - No problem With Menus, but they don't do anything. They have to be selected with mouse to interact. This problem even with Easy Comms on.

5. AV8BNA Harrier - No Problem With Menus

6. BF 109 K4 - No Problem with Menus

7. C101 - No Problem with Menus

8. F14 - No Problem with Menus (have several problems with AIRIO module). Here the list of all the problems with Airio: 

9. F16 - No Problem with menus

10. F5-E - No problem with menus

11. F86F - On Ground Don't work (The menu appears but disappears inmediatelly) - On Air, the menu appears, but once selected an option that has other options nested, it disappears as on ground, so no possible selection. Works on ground and air with Simple Coms on.

12. F18 - No problem with menus

13. FC3 planes - No problem with menus

14. Fw190A8 - No Problem with Menus, but they don't do anything. They have to be selected with mouse to interact. This problem even with Easy Comms on.
With easy Comms it can accept orders as "anapa, inbound" with realistic comms those type of orders won't be "heared"

15. Fw190D9 - No problem with Menus they appear, but they don't do anything. They have to be selected with mouse to interact. This problem even with Easy Comms on.
With easy Comms it can accept orders as "anapa, inbound" with realistic comms those type of orders won't be "heared"

16. i16 - Works on Ground,but on air the menu don't show. With Easy Comms on, the menu appears on air, but after first second selection on nest options it dissapear

17. JF17 - No Problem with Menus

18. K50 - On Ground the menu disappears as soon as it it called - On Air, the menu appears, but after first selection in options, the second selection the menu disappears. With easy coms on it is worst, as in air, the menu just disappears once called. 

19. L39 - No problem with menus

20. M2000 - No problem with menus.

21. Mig21 - No problem with menus

22. Mi24 - On ground no problem - On air the menu don't appears when called with Vaicom - With Easy Comms on, no problem.

23. mi8 - On ground the menus disappear just when called - On Air they are ok - With easy Comms on the menus on air also disappears as the ones on ground.

24. Mig15 - On Ground the menus disappears just when called - On air, the menu appears, but after first selection it disappears. Have to be operated with mouse or keys - With Easy Comms on, no problem with menus.

25. Mig19P - No problem with menus

26. Mosquito - No problem with Menus

27. P47D - No problem with menus

28. P51D - On Ground the menu disappear just when called - On air it appears once but if I choose anything it disappears - With Easy Comms no problem

29. SA342 - No problem with menus

30. Spitfire - On Ground the menu disappear just when called - On air it appears once but if I choose anything it disappears - With Easy Comms no problem

31. UH1H - On Ground the menu disappear just when called - On air it appears and I can make the first selection but the second one disappears the menu - With Easy Comms on, it is even worst as the menus just disappears when called on ground and on air.

32. Yak52 - No problem with menus.

Edited by Japo32

@Japo32

Great idea. Though I have different findings, and I don't use the "Options", command for testing. But you are correct. Some modules seems to have issues with it, but it's not consistent at all, at least for me. If you really want to test this, a restart of both VA and DCS should be performed between switching modules. This usually solves issues I have. Which is very annoying! If I have issues with the "Options" menu disappearing, I simply uncheck "hide menus" in the settings, and it will usually show if I hold a TX. 

4. AJS37 Viggen. Are you 100 percent sure you've setup the radios correctly? Seems to me this one got broken when HP changed radio behaviour. But I haven't had time to test. 

11. F-86F Sabre, I have no issues with this one as long as I tune the correct radios, which can be a task, if I don't know the presets. Menu might be funky. 

16. I16, does this aircraft actually have a radio? I couldn't find any keybinds for the radio the few hours I tested it. And, more importantly. I have a bound a VA "script" to one of my TXs, with the plugin that identifies the module. VAICOM never identifies this module for me. 

22, 23, 24, 31, 33 (Ka-50 BlackShark), 34, (Gazelle) and 35 (UH-60L Black Hawk community module, not a mod). No issues with any of these as long as the radios as set correctly. Which means that ALL the helicopters in DCS works for me. But maybe not all the commands in the Shark. Though I have not read the Ka-50 manual, so I wouldn't know what they all are supposed to do. 

As for WWII modules, there was a time most of them needed Easy Comms, but I think that was fixed, but I don't think Easy Comms affect the options menu anyway. 

Not at my computer, so I'm not sure if I have forgotten any modules. 😊 

Cheers! 

• Thanks 1

I will reply in this email making changes to it, as I re-test with new indications. I will do the reset VoiceAttack and DCS switching between modules:

4. AJS37 Viggen - Still the same problem. Voice commands to move between menus are seen, but not command anything. Only keypress or mouse selection. Tested to be in the right frequency with overlay of SRS to see if was tunned correctly. Also tested without SRS to see any difference (not at all). Also checked that only menus are shown and can be selected (but not commanded with voice as said) if VOIP Control is set to "dynamic switching". "TX Link" the menu don't show once called. no beep heared from vaicom, and even deselecting "disable menus" becasue it shows an ·listening suspended, and "Broadcast Parallel" shows the menus but any voice command to select any option is not allowed because an "listening suspended" problem.

11. F86F - Same problem. Because there is a difference here between me and you, will post the options that I have set in Vaicom:

VaicomOptions.jpg

I made a reset of LUA code in reset options to see if there is any difference but nothing. Again, I made a mission with the plane ready for takeoff in kobuleti with channel 1 set to 262mhz, but the takeoff quick mission also will set the right frequency on the radio. in "DxLink" or "Broadcasts Parallel" still the same problem as I have the problem of "listening suspended" with those options. The "disable menus" options will make appear the menus, but in the press of the PTT, but won't be allowed to choose any option by voice as it disappears once PTT is again pressed, or with "dynamic Switching" it just makes also the menus disappear without any option choosen

22. Mi24 - Same problem. Just made a mission with the mi24 on air with the right radios already set, and the menus don't appear. The "disable menus" makes the same behaviour as with the Sabre. It will appear with ptt push, but will disappear once the command is given, so if there are nest commands, there will be a problem as I cannot choose it. At least in can be selected with mouse... but why we should have vaicom on, in this cases?

not going to test more modules as it is time consumming and I have seen with those 3 that still I have the same problem as previously. If there is a difference between me and you, then there has to be a configuration option different. for that reason I put my config selections to try to find the culprit of those issues.

Thanks!

Edited by Japo32
  • Like 1

@Japo32
Just a quick check, regarding the settings you posted. This was before entering a module, right? Since VAICOM didn't display one.
For me, because I have pretty much different hardware TXs for the various modules, I have bound TX5 as a special switch on my Warthog independent of any of the modules. And whenever I enter a module, I have to press it, to make VAICOM start/recognise the module. This was not necessary a last year, so I'm sure something changed.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

yes, the sabre has only Tx1 assigned as it only has one radio ptt. The TX5 is not necesary to press for me to be recognized to any other modules. All, even the bad menu operations, works good with voice commands as "inbound" or "rearm" usually.

So in other words, what you're basically saying here, is that VAICOM commands work for the most part, (which is not related to the options menu), and this list is only for those modules that have issues with the options menu?

I guess I misunderstood you initially then. 👍🏻

Cheers! 

This is only related with options menu, that I think is one of the most important ones to work with VR. That doesn't mean that anyone that has "no problem with menus" works perfectly well in other commands, or any with issues in menus don't work at all with other commands. For that I would need to checkout all the commands for each aircraft. BUT I think that if it is not working good with the menus options, then there is a good chance that don't work with other commands perfectly well.

For example, the F14 don't have any problem with menus, but have a lot with airio commands.

• Like 1

I understand. I seldom use the menu as the comms "always" work for me. I would assume that it would be like this for most VR users as well, since it's basically the crux of this software. I don't see why a VR user would need the menu more than me. And if there is an issue with the menu, it would be a similar problem for me.
Now, I usually only use it for special things like, cargo, for helicopters. And if it doesn't show, I just go "options", while keeping the TX pressed, then "Take 6, take 1". But that's just because I remember the sequence.
That said, I truly hope this issue can be solved, and hopefully quite easily. Not sure if it's an issue with VAICOM originally, or that a DCS update broke it. Like it often happens with other 3rd party modules. Because it was working fine not too long ago.
The AIRIO is a completely different matter, as it's not part of the VAICOM core, but should be updated with latest changes.
And I would love to have new features into the core, like the special commands for the Jeff and the Mossie, as I'm sure new commands for new modules in the future is bound to come.
My 2 cents anyway.

• Like 1

Well. in my case I need the menus because sometimes I forget what was the word to say something.... but specially the F10 menu commands that are part of multiple single player campaigns.

• Like 1

Well. in my case I need the menus because sometimes I forget what was the word to say something.... but specially the F10 menu commands that are part of multiple single player campaigns.
Yeah, sure that makes sense.
Been playing through both the Argo and the Worlds Apart campaigns, without any issues though. So I wonder what your problems are.

• 5 months later...

I think this is a good moment, now that the source code is free, to try to fix those problems in future. Specially the Airio module and allow to use the wheel visual or not option (link to comms messages with problems in the post)

Thanks!

Edited by Japo32
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Japo32 said:

I think this is a good moment, now that the source code is free, to try to fix those problems in future. Specially the Airio module and allow to use the wheel visual or not option (link to comms messages with problems in the post)

Thanks!

Agreed - we are already looking at how to best identify and track issues, and will post both here and on the Discord (https://discord.gg/7gbYqKEsX6) once we have formulated some ideas and the coding wizards have had a chance to look at the code and understand in depth how it works

• Like 2

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

Thanks!
Hi Japo!
Just re-read the thread and our conversation. I do not have your issues, but one thing came to mind. You haven't "double bound" anything? Like the comms button both in DCS and as TXs in VAICOM?
To add to what Horn says, once everything is running and is stable in the next release, we'll for sure look into missing commands for AIRIO, Mosquito JF-17 etc.
Cheers!

I think not. that list is to make a check in those areas or planes, with specific bugs I found. If you don't find anything on each of the areas, then forget it and it should be something mine... but maybe is not, and there is something, like for example the UH1H issue (among others). Or the Zoom instruction to Yester in Lantirn or Grid sectors 

Edited by Japo32