Is it possible to import dcs models into c4d,blender or some other 3d program.

Hi.
I think this is the right section to ask my question.

So. as topic says.
I am asking this because i want to create my own textures "liverie". but why need the 3d model you may ask.

Well. creating a texture "from scratch" only using ps, gimp or whatever, just plain sucks imo. and is so 1980's
I know there are templates but its way more easy, convinient and practical to 3d paint | bodypain the model inside a 3d program.
Placing decals. adding dirt, wear & tear etc become more natrual imo and only do minor adjustment & post processing with the painting software.

Its also really annoying and time consuming having to jump back & forward between the painting app and the modelviewer + refresh the textures all the time in modelvier.

I guess there is no official tools or plugins that allows exporting these dcs models but have to ask to be sure.
If its not possible. do eagle provide some sort of dcs assets sample pack where the A10c is included?. like other games do. example arma2/3 includes several example models

Edited by nuxil

• 1 month later...
On 5/5/2022 at 2:46 AM, nuxil said:

Oh that was short, and just like that my liverie career ended with 1 sentence.

That is what Model Viewer is for.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs