WARTHOG replacement joystick, need to reassign bindings?

nachomaga

Hi all. I'm thinking of replacing my old Warthog (joystick only, I use X56 throttle), but reassign all the bindings is going to be a pia (lots of modules, and I have a modifier in the stick, so need to rebind the throttle, TM MFDs and other button boxes that use modifier key).

Being the same hardware, Windows will see the new joystick as the old one? Even the new magnetic base? My plan is to buy A-10C joystick again, or perhaps only the magnetic base.

By the way, I dont use TARGET software. Thanks in advance!

Edited by nachomaga
typo
  • Like 1

Hi all. I'm thinking of replacing my old Warthog (joystick only, I use X56 throttle), but reassign all the bindings is going to be a pia (lots of modules, and I have a modifier in the stick, so need to rebind the throttle, TM MFDs and other button boxes that use modifier key).
Being the same hardware, Windows will see the new joystick as the old one? Even the new magnetic base? My plan is to buy A-10C joystick again, or perhaps only the magnetic base.
By the way, I dont use TARGET software. Thanks in advance!
Two working ways.
The new base will have a different ID. So you can rename all the files in the input folder with the new ID. There are apps that can easily do it for you.
Or you can export the settings, (need to to it one by one IIRC), and import them.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1

I doubt it will retain the mappings as your new WH will have a different id

However, if it doesn't you could always rename the files from the old device name to the new one. In Saved games\DCS (or DCS.openbeta)\Config\Input\Aircraft\joystick. Although you would need to do this for each aircraft

For example my WH stick config file is named Joystick - HOTAS Warthog {55603120-BB61-11e9-8010-444553540000}.diff.lua

An alternative which may save a lot of time in the long run is to use Joy2Pro and import all your current binds and remap them to your new stick given there will be tons of duplicates (axis. triggers, weapon release and so on) which you will only need to reassign once in Joy2Pro. It is a bit of work though to set up but worth it IMHO

Edited by Baldrick33
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

AMD 5800X3D · MSI 4080 · Asus ROG Strix B550 Gaming  · HP Reverb Pro · 1Tb M.2 NVMe, 32Gb Corsair Vengence 3600MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · VIRPIL T-50CM3 Base, Alpha Prime R. VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Base. JetSeat

• 1 month later...

Quick update, just in case someone is thinking to buy a new base for the Warthog.

I bought a new Warthog magnetic base (same old A-10 grip) and DCS sees the new base as the old one, so no need to reassing all the bindings or load new profiles. Nice! 🙂 I even check curvarture in some modules (I have nothing default) and was same custom ones. Only need to calibrate axis in Windows.

Now I have to get use to the new spring, that feels stronger hehehe...