Airfield to Waypoint 01 route missing ???

Aussie Pilot

I've set waypoints in ME as I would for the Hornet but the first leg from the airfield to waypoint 01 never shows on the onboard map. The rest of the route and waypoints show though.

Is this an error or am I missing something?

Sorry if this is in the wrong spot.

Cheers,

Aussie Pilot.

• ED Team

Hi, 

it is waypoint 0 that is not showing and is correct. 

But some tips, you can add waypoint 1 for your location at start in the editor, or what I do is when I spawn in I set my own position on the points page on the mfd. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Or go to TSD page, select RTE button on the bottom of the MFD, then select DIR button on the left, then select WP1 on the right. That will draw a line from your current position to WP1. You can choose any waypoint you'd like as well using this method. 

This is true if you desire to have a course line on the TSD from WP 0 to WP 1. However, you still have the heading caret on the heading tape to direct you to WP 1 regardless at start up with waypoints entered before mission start or manually entered without present position entered as a waypoint. Note:unclear if this is intentional or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer

• ED Team

This is how waypoints are handled for some other modules as well, like the F-16, in that Waypoint 0 isn't actually entered into the navigation system. That way the flight plan doesn't start at a parking position.  As mentioned, there is nothing stopping Waypoint 1 from being placed on the runway or the FARP at or near Waypoint 0.

It is worth noting that "routes" in US Army helicopters aren't quite the same as flight plans as most people are used to in other aviation circles. They are more akin to routes used by ground maneuver units, in that you may have multiple routes going into and out of an area or objective, or routes that take you from one combat sector to another. And ideally the first point of the route (Start Point) is not the same location as your departure airfield/FARP. This allows you to estimate when you will arrive at the end of your route (Release Point) if you know that it takes a certain time to travel the route at a set ground speed between the SP and RP.  Therefore, when you cross the SP at your planned ground speed, you can properly sequence when you will cross the RP, which allows the team to synchronize their actions with other forces during a mission.

• Thanks 4

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head