Ability for other people to see liveries in multiplayer (tradingpaints-esque)

BMG

Pretty straightforward concept, probably difficult implementation. Would like if people could see each other's liveries on multiplayer without having to manually add liveries.

iRacing has a solution for this through a 3rd-party integration called TradingPaints (https://www.tradingpaints.com/). You run the tradingpaints client and it downloads other people liveries from the tradingpaints website in the background, allowing you to see them without having to manually install/download/etc. No load on the server, its all client-side.

I am not a developer, and have no idea how to make something like this work, and don't know how DCS is coded, so its definitely a wish at best. But conceptually, a shared public community space where we could upload liveries and an integrated app to allow us to see them would be very awesome.

• Like 3

On 5/5/2022 at 6:33 PM, BMG said:

Pretty straightforward concept, probably difficult implementation. Would like if people could see each other's liveries on multiplayer without having to manually add liveries.

iRacing has a solution for this through a 3rd-party integration called TradingPaints (https://www.tradingpaints.com/). You run the tradingpaints client and it downloads other people liveries from the tradingpaints website in the background, allowing you to see them without having to manually install/download/etc. No load on the server, its all client-side.

I am not a developer, and have no idea how to make something like this work, and don't know how DCS is coded, so its definitely a wish at best. But conceptually, a shared public community space where we could upload liveries and an integrated app to allow us to see them would be very awesome.

DCS skins are quite big and if you join the Growling Sidewinder server with 64 people on it, I dont want to to have to download like 10-20GB of skins. Also with my bad internet, it would create big lags for me downloading skins the whole time as someone joins.

My skins