One (1) Developer

Thump

Figured I'd throw this in the wishlist section.  We're looking at coming up on a year since we have had any semi-meaningful progress on this module.  Would be cool to be able to fly this thing at night again without frying my retinas.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, nuxil said:

i dont expect any update to the a10c module in the first 5 years.

You have been here only three months and you already are experienced enough to make such predictions? 🙄

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

2 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

You have been here only three months and you already are experienced enough to make such predictions? 🙄

actually, this is my 2nd account on the forum i made a few months ago. could not recover my old account so a new one was made.
also i have had the A10C since 2011-2012 ish if i recall correctly. upgraded to C2 not so long ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• ED Team

A-10C II is waiting for ARC-210 to be added. As soon as the dev is free he will complete this task. 

Any bug reports still open will be addressed as soon as resources allow. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the reply. Is the radio the only feature that will be added besides bugfixes? There are many entries on the wishlist. I would still love to see a roadmap in the future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks BIGNEWY, good to hear some stuff is coming.

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

This might sound a little... underhanded...

But is there any particular reason why an aircraft with literally a "single" task left, had its single developer scooped away to another project just to leave this one sitting around for over a year?

From a leadership position that doesn't even make any logical sense.

15 months, and a single item keeps an entire module from being "feature complete"

One person.

How.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, XCNuse said:

This might sound a little... underhanded...

But is there any particular reason why an aircraft with literally a "single" task left, had its single developer scooped away to another project just to leave this one sitting around for over a year?

From a leadership position that doesn't even make any logical sense.

15 months, and a single item keeps an entire module from being "feature complete"

One person.

How.

Have to agree, I could understand if it was a info requirement not being met to develop the radio..  but all we can do is ponder why time after time modules don’t get complete.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Indeed I don’t think that ED realizes they control the assignment of developers.  Somehow just saying that a developer was re-assigned is not a good look since someone inside the organization decided to re-assign him in the first place.  I respect complexities of limited resources, but I think they would gain more respect by being honest that the project was deprioritized versus other modules.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

14 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

A-10C II is waiting for ARC-210 to be added. As soon as the dev is free he will complete this task. 

thank you

We’ve been hearing this for a year and at this point it’s a blatant slap in the face to paying customers.  Basically the A-10C has zero priority and we shouldn’t expect anything anytime soon.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 2

Sounds like the dev in question got bored with the module and decided to work on something else. That isn't a good practice, TBH, not when the module is close to, at least, being feature complete. That said, there are several issues left to address besides the radio, such as "special for joystick" category missing several switches (it seems to be tailored to support TM Warthog throttle). It would've been nice if there was some more work done on this module than just adding the radio.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Right-Left-Click consistency, Data-Cartridge, TAD/TGP-symbology, VR-Body, ...

Just to name a few from the wishlist. To be fair, a wishlist is just a wishlist, but why even have one at this point?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

DTC is a core feature that will, hopefully, come to all aircraft that support it IRL when it's implemented in core. The rest is a feature wishlist, though. I'm talking about issues, which are things that work in an improper way, or don't work at all. I suppose you could classify the switch consistency as one of these, but I'm talking things like ADI course flag not stowing with the needles.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Issues are a mandatory, yes. Still I would like to get some feedback on the wishlist, too. Switch consistency is a good example as it is on that list since forever. As some other features that I would consider necessary to call the module feature complete.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I have the impression that the biggest gripe the OP has, is that night lighting has been broken since January.

4 months later, the "flagship" DCS module is still unusable at night. Yeah yeah, things take time, some are considered low priority, but that's a game breaking bug.  

Edited by some1
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

On 5/9/2022 at 2:39 PM, BIGNEWY said:

Great but you said you have no ressources for this module.

Unacceptable that devs break a module and don't have time to solve their error

Edited by icemaker
  • Like 1

• ED Team
1 minute ago, icemaker said:

Great but you said you have no ressources for this module

The dev responsible is currently on a different task, as soon as he is free it will get done. 

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
3 minutes ago, icemaker said:

How an entire module just has one dev on it? if your guy quits what happens to the module?

He is the dev responsible for the radio, it is a skilled job, and devs do not grow on trees. 

thanks

• Like 1

• ED Team
2 minutes ago, icemaker said:

I agree with you but my concern is that this poor guy is alone

He is fine, just busy. He has a particular set of skills that puts him in demand. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, icemaker said:

I agree with you but my concern is that this poor guy is alone

Many people forget that building software is like building a house. Not every task can (nor should) be completed by a mason. Each task should ideally be done by the person most skilled to do this. So if a task calls for an electrician, it's not good to have the plumber do it, even if s/he can hack it. 

Methinks that many people with different skill sets are working on many modules. If a skill comes available, it gets assigned to the most important task; lower prio tasks are pushed back. It's an endless cycle of importance vs urgency. 

If the radio skill is required, but not available, that will block the A-10's progress. That's how software dev (and most other projects that require multiple skill sets) works. Let's hope the 10C's radio gets updated soon.

Edited by cfrag
  • Like 3

On 5/9/2022 at 7:39 AM, BIGNEWY said:

thank you

2 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

The dev responsible is currently on a different task, as soon as he is free it will get done. 

So based on your responses all we are getting for the A-10C 2 is the radio and maybe some bug fixes?  

is ALQ-184 long and additional TAD symbology not gonna happen?

• Like 1

• ED Team
10 minutes ago, Snoopy said:

So based on your responses all we are getting for the A-10C 2 is the radio and maybe some bug fixes?  

is ALQ-184 long and additional TAD symbology not gonna happen?

When the dev is back on the A-10C 2 we will try and lay out the plan forward. Thanks.

• Thanks 1

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

image.png

2 hours ago, cfrag said:

Many people forget that building software is like building a house. Not every task can (nor should) be completed by a mason. Each task should ideally be done by the person most skilled to do this. So if a task calls for an electrician, it's not good to have the plumber do it, even if s/he can hack it. 

Methinks that many people with different skill sets are working on many modules. If a skill comes available, it gets assigned to the most important task; lower prio tasks are pushed back. It's an endless cycle of importance vs urgency. 

If the radio skill is required, but not available, that will block the A-10's progress. That's how software dev (and most other projects that require multiple skill sets) works. Let's hope the 10C's radio gets updated soon.

A year's worth of waiting for a radio and months worth of waiting to correct a broken LITENING pod?  There's patience and then there's neglect.

Edited by Thump
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1