Gun - Ammo Count

Caldera

• ED Team
4 hours ago, Caldera said:

but recently from both Pilot and Gunner seats the ammo count selector is automatically changing from 10 rounds to 20 rounds.

Under what conditions? Randomly? When swapping seats? When George is instructed to take the gun?

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

Raptor,

I do not use George to shoot for me.  I will Pilot into a hover then swap to front seat.  In a hover is the only time I let George be the Pilot so that I can practice shooting from the front seat.

At this moment I am unsure, I just notice that I am shooting 20 round bursts when I did not select this and I had checked earlier or had fired earlier that the gun was set to 10 rounds.  So all of the above, I guess.  I will see if can pinned it down better.  I does happen in both the Pilot and Gunners seat.

Does it happen to you?

Caldera

• ED Team

Keep in mind that the burst limit setting is different for each seat.  So if I set the burst limit to 10 on the WPN page in the back seat, it won't change it for the font seat.

Now, if you set it to 10 in the front seat, go to the back seat, and then return to the front seat, George CPG may have changed it to 20 if his burst limit setting in the AI interface tool is set to 20, even if you didn't have him shoot something with it.

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

Or it could be George having a little fun with ya...

🤣

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

LOL

Yeah well...

George is the best Apache pilot I have flown with in the game by far, when it comes to a stable hover.  Maybe he is also a prankster!

I am not touching the burst limit select button until I notice that it is selected to 20.   To my knowledge, it was always 10 by default until Open Beta 2.7.12.23362 patch.

Just wondering, if it happening to other people?

Caldera

• Like 1

I have kind of narrowed this down, but I do not know how to replicate as of yet. 

This is happening as part of the refuel / rearm process.  I just have not figured out the formula that triggers it.

I notice it happening in my SP mission that I use for training.  I have ALLOT of targets positioned close to a FARP / close to Batumi.  So part of this process is running out of missiles, rockets and gun ammo.  When that happens I land at the FARP or at Batumi and refuel /  rearm.   I can do this several times over the course of taking out all the targets.

I  only use the AI George as the pilot when I am the Gunner to fire Hellfires and the gun.  I also fire rockets and the gun with me as Pilot.  The AI George does not get to shoot at anything.

Caldera

On 5/6/2022 at 4:03 PM, Caldera said:

LOL

Yeah well...

George is the best Apache pilot I have flown with in the game by far, when it comes to a stable hover.  Maybe he is also a prankster!

I am not touching the burst limit select button until I notice that it is selected to 20.   To my knowledge, it was always 10 by default until Open Beta 2.7.12.23362 patch.

Just wondering, if it happening to other people?

Caldera

If i remember correctly, CPG George default burst has been always 20 rounds, if from pilot seat you open the George menu it always was 20 by default.

NZXT H9 Flow Black | Intel Core i5 13600KF OCed P5.6 E4.4 | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX | G.Skill Trident Z5 Neo DDR5-6000 32GB C30 OCed 6600 C32 | nVidia GeForce RTX 4090 Founders Edition |  Western Digital SN770 2TB | Gigabyte GP-UD1000GM PG5 ATX 3.0 1000W | SteelSeries Apex 7 | Razer Viper Mini | SteelSeries Artics Nova 7 | LG OLED42C2 | Xiaomi P1 55"

Virpil T-50 CM2 Base + Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | WinWing Orion 2 F16EX Viper Throttle  | WinWing ICP | 3 x Thrustmaster MFD | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | Oculus Quest 2

DCS World | Persian Gulf | Syria | Flaming Cliff 3 | P-51D Mustang | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | Fw-109 A-8 | A-10C II Tank Killer | F/A-18C Hornet | F-14B Tomcat | F-16C Viper | F-15E Strike Eagle | M2000C | Ka-50 BlackShark III | Mi-24P Hind | AH-64D Apache | SuperCarrier