Removing the 5 pin din connector from the Cougar base

sirrah

Did anyone actually manage to remove the 5pin din connector from the Cougar, without cutting?

The Vipergear VFS-WE instructions say that you should be able to "gently" pull/push the din connector through the grip mount, like this:

Screenshot_20220506-162639_Adobe Acrobat.jpg

Well, I tried....

I tried green wire first, brown wire first, but I'm not even getting close to pushing the connector through the grip mount.

Screenshot_20220506-161437_Gallery.jpg

So.. is this at all possible without cutting?

I didn't yet purchase the VFS-WE as I'm still in the process of justifying the costs . But  thought I'd prepare my second (broken gimbal) Cougar base, to get me in the mood 😋

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

@sirrah

Get a needle, carefully bending the white plastic that pinches the metal crimps on the wires to the connector. Slowly pull out the wires with the crimps from the white connector. It's easier than it seems. 

You already have a picture, so just push the wires back in to the connector in the correct order when ready. They will just click back in place. Done it lots of times. 

Cheers! 

15 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

@sirrah

Get a needle, carefully bending the white plastic that pinches the metal crimps on the wires to the connector. Slowly pull out the wires with the crimps from the white connector. It's easier than it seems. 

You already have a picture, so just push the wires back in to the connector in the correct order when ready. They will just click back in place. Done it lots of times. 

Cheers! 

That didn't cross my mind before. Thanks @MAXsenna, I'll try that tomorrow :thumbup:

• Thanks 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH