flying on servers where do I start ?

swaps

Hi,

I want to dogfight against other, where do I start ? I have tried joining servers a couple of time and find myself looking at an overview of an airfield. I have no idea how to get in a pane and fly. Is there any way to spawn in the air close to the action ? How do I know which side I am on ? I see lists of planes and helicopters on some servers. I take it I can only fly the planes I own ?

Thanks Alan

Depends on what server you join, some are PVP, some are PVE. There is a few dogfight servers out there. Read the description (briefing) when you join a server.

You should be able to select a slot the type of plane(s) you own, and it should be somewhat clear which side you are joining, bluefor or redfor , uppe part is blue force and redfor the bottom part. 

If you have the plane but cannot select a slot, there might be a script on the server preventing you from selecting that slot, it may be that the airfield is under enemy control and not captured by your team yet, preventing you to spawn.

You can only fly the planes you own, that is how DCS works.  So if you have not bought a module yet, you can only fly SU-25 and the unarmed P51 or whatever plane it is

Edited by Johnny Johnny Johnny

Through The Inferno is all PVE (that I know of) servers are also a good place to start and you can download single-player versions of the missions to play off-line if you want.

• Like 1