I-16 intermittent controls issue – pauses

DCS I-16 intermittent controls issue – Pauses

In stable version as well as in OpenBeta.

Short: During flight, the controls (Joystick, button box, rudder pedals, keys – F1-F2) have a delay, intermittently, sometimes just very short instances, sometimes longer.

Only with the I-16. Not when using Spitfire, P51, Mosquito, A4EC.

Controllers:

-          Ms FFB 2 stick – Twist removed, added a brake lever instead.

-          Custom home built button box, based on Bodnar board. Also Rudder pedals, Throttle, Pitch and others…

-          TrackIR

Like: Move stick left: the stick stops moving along the way, to jump to the correct position half a second later. Though this can be shorter or longer.

This also occurs with keyboard inputs, you’re on externals (F2) and want to switch back to inside (F1) – Hit F1 … nothing. Hit it again, it might take, or not, need to press it again. Same with Map, open it via button or keyboard (if it does open), next close it, might need to wait and press again…

When the issue occurs during firing of guns, let go of trigger, but guns keep firing, for a bit.

TrackIR does not show any interruptions. All smooth.

It is rather intermittent, can work fine for some time, as in some seconds, or several minutes. It could come back. Have seen it before, can’t tell when it started. It’s intermittent.

Frame rates are good – over 100 during the tests.

This happens in our custom mission on our dedicated server, but also in Instant Action, and single mission.

Have not seen it happen on the ground yet, only in flight. But yeah, time flies inflight, and so, more time is spent in flight than on the ground.

The I-16 is being started using the autostart procedure (cheat!)

Have tried, (in OpenBeta) without any positive result – all makes no difference:

·         File check, complete, removing extra files (DCS-SRS)

·         Removing the I-16, adding it back in

·         Cleared controls for FFB and Button box to default for Axis and, re-assigned them.

·         Clear Keyboard controls, re-assigned default.

·         Added the DCS folders (including the Saved Games folders) as exception to BitDefender.

DCS Log files do not show any errors that I can relate to the issue.

Windows Event Viewer shows no errors or messages.

Running fine on this system: IL2 GBS, whether it’s a/c or tanks.

W10 Pro, 21H2, i7 7800K@4.2GHZ, 32GB of RAM, Nvida 1080ti (latest driver), several SSD’s. BitDefender runs.

I drive a 2009 Ford Focus. It’s light blue. I do not own a house, I rent.  Yeah, that’s how lost I am with this issue. 🙂

Any suggestions for me to try and either fix this, or gets me closer to what is causing this?

Anybody else having this?

Update: I've switched off HyperThreading in BIOS settings, and it appears to be much better.

'Flew' for like one and a half hours, have not seen it happen again.

No idea why or how this change could be related to the issue, but at the moment, it's what did happen.

Will keep updating this thread with new developments. Should there be any... 

• 2 weeks later...

it's a confusing issue for sure.

I'd try the following:

1) unplug all of your HOTAS (joystick/throttle/rudder/everything)

2) remove all control assignments for each HOTAS device, i.e. blank them all out

3) start I16 in the air and control it with your mouse

a) if the issue disappears then there's some physical conflict in buttons/assignments. Try adding a single HOTAS at a time (for example: throttle only) without control assignments. If no issues - assign controls to it. Then keep adding other devices until you run into the issue again

b) if the issue persists then go to Device Manager/Human Interface drivers and start disabling all of the USB devices one by one, i.e:

- disable one then launch I16, if issue continues then re-enable it

- disable the next device, launch i16, issue continues = re-enable it back

- etc..

Question:  when you said you removed I16 did you make sure all of its .lua files were gone? If not, maybe start with that first, i.e. remove i16, then clean all of its files from the DCS installation folder.

2 hours ago, peachmonkey said:

it's a confusing issue for sure.

I'd try the following:

1) unplug all of your HOTAS (joystick/throttle/rudder/everything)

2) remove all control assignments for each HOTAS device, i.e. blank them all out

3) start I16 in the air and control it with your mouse

a) if the issue disappears then there's some physical conflict in buttons/assignments. Try adding a single HOTAS at a time (for example: throttle only) without control assignments. If no issues - assign controls to it. Then keep adding other devices until you run into the issue again

b) if the issue persists then go to Device Manager/Human Interface drivers and start disabling all of the USB devices one by one, i.e:

- disable one then launch I16, if issue continues then re-enable it

- disable the next device, launch i16, issue continues = re-enable it back

- etc..

Question:  when you said you removed I16 did you make sure all of its .lua files were gone? If not, maybe start with that first, i.e. remove i16, then clean all of its files from the DCS installation folder.

Thanks for your reply!

I do not think I removed all of its .lua files...

You gave me plenty of good options to try, thanks very much!