I-16 intermittent controls issue – pauses

DD_FT

2 hours ago, peachmonkey said:

does it happen on ANY hotas button or specifically when using Bodnars buttons?

I do not have any other hotas available to try!

But I am pretty sure of it, as it did also show up without the bodnar-based controller connected ...

As soon as you get over a certain limit of 'inputs' when FFB is switched on, the stuttering input can and will occur. The fact I saw it only(mainly) on the I-16 is probably because of its features and nature it needs/uses lots of input pulses: Manual gear, no trim ie. more stick movements ... and it is a throw-around-the-corner-type aircraft, (much more than a Spit or P51)  especially when a 109 or 190 is trying to get and stay on your tail  🙂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DD_FT said:

I do not have any other hotas available to try!

But I am pretty sure of it, as it did also show up without the bodnar-based controller connected ...

As soon as you get over a certain limit of 'inputs' when FFB is switched on, the stuttering input can and will occur. The fact I saw it only(mainly) on the I-16 is probably because of its features and nature it needs/uses lots of input pulses: Manual gear, no trim ie. more stick movements ... and it is a throw-around-the-corner-type aircraft, (much more than a Spit or P51)  especially when a 109 or 190 is trying to get and stay on your tail  🙂

yeah, the FFB is something I don't have.. 🙂

btw, I noticed I16 is trimmed to a cruise speed of ~300kmh, it actually needs very little pitch correction if at all, but it does roll to the right a bit and there's no trim for that..

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...