IHADSS reticle model missing in VR when screen is not at DCS resolution.

Hammer1-1

Tried running repair, nothing. Tried ticking and unticking the show IHADSS box in the special menu, nothing. It shows up just fine in 2d, and Ive seen it once in VR....where my head was offset to the left and re-centering made it disappear. Running DCS in VR at DCS resolution was the only way to bring it back for some odd reason and showing in right eye, but as soon as I bring DCS resolution back to square in VR and recenter my view in the AH-64, the monocle disappear again. The display doesnt move, its just the monocle disappearing.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9nua6wmh73xktf/AH-64_TRNG_04_CAUC_Gun.miz_06052022_14-56.trk?dl=0

track file

This has started happening since latest patch came this week.

monocle small.jpg

monocle wide.jpg

centered.jpg

monocle small uncentered.jpg

Edited by Hammer1-1

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

• Hammer1-1 changed the title to IHADSS reticle model missing in VR when screen is not at DCS resolution.

I want to clarify whats happening:

when starting in VR, going straight to cockpit in the square resolution and showing in cockpit in the normal position, the monocle isnt visible.

restarting DCS in my desktop resolution brings the monocle back in VR. recentering doesnt make it disappear.

restarting DCS back into the square resolution, the monocle is visible again...until I recenter.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Nobody else having this issue?

My wallpaper and skins

• ED Team

Please take a screenshot of your DCS settings page and VR setting page. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Just FYI the only time these change is when Im trying to get the monocle back. Tried ticking and unticking the monocle box in the Apache special options page. In the VR page, I tick Use DCS System Resolution to get the monocle to appear. The monocle appears at first with the aforementioned tick box unticked, but the view starts uncentered and the monocle appears...and when I center it disappears. The monocle stays when I have that tick box ticked.

64 special.jpg

settings.jpg

VR.jpg

monocle returns setting.jpg

Edited by Hammer1-1

My wallpaper and skins

• ED Team

Thanks, 

However I have not been able to reproduce yet.

Can I ask you to check your saved games dcs config view folder, do you by any chance have snap views saved?

Some advice about the resolution, for VR use one of the profile spots to save your vr setup, then select a small desktop resolution rather than the larger one you have currently, then when you use dcs resolution it will be easier on your system. I use a 1080 resolution when in VR for my mirror as I find it best for doing videos.  

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

1 minute ago, BIGNEWY said:

Thanks, 

However I have not been able to reproduce yet.

Can I ask you to check your saved games dcs config view folder, do you by any chance have snap views saved?

Some advice about the resolution, for VR use one of the profile spots to save your vr setup, then select a small desktop resolution rather than the larger one you have currently, then when you use dcs resolution it will be easier on your system. I use a 1080 resolution when in VR for my mirror as I find it best for doing videos.  

my normal desktop resolution is 3440x1440 and this monitor is capable of 5120x1440. I normally keep it squared so it doesnt stretch out. I also keep it at 1080 because if I have it at 1440p, I am unable to click any boxes near the taskbar as the taskbar hides them.

view config.jpg

My wallpaper and skins

• ED Team

delete the bookmarks folder and retest, see if you notice a difference 

Nope. The instant I recenter my view, the monocle disappears.

My wallpaper and skins

I also tried just renaming my dcs saved games folder and starting from scratch. My numpad 5 key just cycles in a clockwise circle at odd places in the cockpit, so its definitely in the main directory.

My wallpaper and skins

solution - it was OpenXR. Not sure what caused it, but OpenOVR isnt giving me any grief whatsoever now. I read a few ppl were having issues with the monocle recently with it.

• Like 1

My wallpaper and skins