Large Stutters and Freezing

kelmcguir

Since the new patch, my VIVE Pro 2 is getting large stutters that are more like screen freezes, and the DCS VR loading screen appears (often times going to the Steam VR grey screen) and then 5-7 seconds the game continues.  I verified file integrity, but that didn't help.  I am not having these issues in any other VR game, so it is DCS specific.  Could be a Steam connection to DCS problem, but it gets worse over the course of a mission or gameplay time.

On 5/6/2022 at 7:47 PM, kelmcguir said:

Since the new patch, my VIVE Pro 2 is getting large stutters that are more like screen freezes, and the DCS VR loading screen appears (often times going to the Steam VR grey screen) and then 5-7 seconds the game continues.  I verified file integrity, but that didn't help.  I am not having these issues in any other VR game, so it is DCS specific.  Could be a Steam connection to DCS problem, but it gets worse over the course of a mission or gameplay time.

Can you post some PC Specs also are you using any mods in DCS? Also would OpenXR be an option for your headset??

Edited by The_Nephilim

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

PC Specs:

RTX 3090 ftw3 ultra, AMD Ryzen 5950X, G.Skill TridentZ 128 GB 4300 MHz, Samsung SSD 980 PRO 2TB M.2

No mods used, but I do use Reshade.me version 5.1.0.  I haven't had any problems from reshade.me.  Even after I installed the DCS update I didn't have this stutter right away. It developed over time.  It's to the point where looking to the left or right completely freezes the game, drops to the grey screen for 5-10 seconds, and then DCS comes back.

Did you try clearing shaders (metashaders and fxo)?  

I'm gettng to where I do the whole 9 every update... remove mods, slow repair, clear shaders, double check GPU profile, whatever I can think of

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder