Mission 8 - guns drift bug or intended?

In mission 8, taking back MV Batillus which is anchored at the dock of a small island. 

Default mission load is 6x AIM-9x and 2x AGM-65F. 

The AGM-65F is used to taken out the AAA artillery. When I switch to guns to attack the F-5E on the runway, the guns trajectory drifted too much away from my aim point. In the previous mission, when I tried to use guns to take out the convoy on the road, I countered the same drifting issue. I'm using CCIP mode and I can successfully and easily take out ground unit by using guns when in a training mission, whether with cross wind or no wind. 

My question is, does anyone else encounter the same guns drifting issue with this campaign?  Is this a general bug or intended setting? should I switch to MAN mode and adjust the aiming point manually? 

Thanks guys! 😄 

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

it's a long standing bug in DCS specifically for the Hornet.

Looks like over a year later they may have finally figured it out?

thread specific to this bug finally got locked up and set to 'reported'

soo... maybe eventually it will be fixed.

Unfortunately, either run manual, or just adjust on the fly.

3 hours ago, Jenson said:

In mission 8, taking back MV Batillus which is anchored at the dock of a small island. 

Default mission load is 6x AIM-9x and 2x AGM-65F. 

The AGM-65F is used to taken out the AAA artillery. When I switch to guns to attack the F-5E on the runway, the guns trajectory drifted too much away from my aim point. In the previous mission, when I tried to use guns to take out the convoy on the road, I countered the same drifting issue. I'm using CCIP mode and I can successfully and easily take out ground unit by using guns when in a training mission, whether with cross wind or no wind. 

My question is, does anyone else encounter the same guns drifting issue with this campaign?  Is this a general bug or intended setting? should I switch to MAN mode and adjust the aiming point manually? 

Thanks guys! 😄 

Hi

No, if you are having problems with gun accuracy it's certainly not intentional. In fact we cannot control this basic function under mission scripting.  if you are having problems best report it to ED.

Hope this helps.

Badger633

F/A-18C Campaigns : The Serpent’s Head / The Serpent’s Head 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

On 5/7/2022 at 12:27 PM, XCNuse said:

it's a long standing bug in DCS specifically for the Hornet.

Looks like over a year later they may have finally figured it out?

thread specific to this bug finally got locked up and set to 'reported'

soo... maybe eventually it will be fixed.

Unfortunately, either run manual, or just adjust on the fly.

Thanks, this is helpful

On 5/7/2022 at 3:15 PM, Badger633 said:

Hi

No, if you are having problems with gun accuracy it's certainly not intentional. In fact we cannot control this basic function under mission scripting.  if you are having problems best report it to ED.

Hope this helps.

Badger633

Hi, looks like a game bug rather than mission bug.

Sorry for my prompt report, as I hadn't encountered guns reticle bug in other missions before, but had it twice in this campaign. 

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

6 hours ago, Jenson said:

Thanks, this is helpful

Hi, looks like a game bug rather than mission bug.

Sorry for my prompt report, as I hadn't encountered guns reticle bug in other missions before, but had it twice in this campaign. 

Hi

No problems always welcome a heads up, if possible I can then get them fixed.

Cheers

Badger633 

I9 9900K @ 5.0Ghz / Gigabyte 2080ti water force extreme / 32 Gb RAM Corsair Dominator Platinum 3600 / 2Tb Samsung 970 Evoplus NVMe M.2 / Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas / Thrustmaster Pedals / Valve Index.

• 3 weeks later...

[SPOILER AHEAD< WARNING > ]

Hi Badger, 

a follow-up question regarding this mission:
I played this mission a couple times recently - not a single time the SA-6 were both taken down by the SEAD flight. Best they could do was one. 
In the end I had to take the second SA-6 radar myself and was left with one Mav to take the one SAM. I ended up using the extra AIM-9 to destroy the taxing F-4s.

I guess it's definitely something to take into consideration, as it breaks actually the mission, f.e. let the SEAD flight get closer, or start higher, as the HARMs are getting borderline slow when employed by the AI from the current position.

1 hour ago, Cpt. Weber said:

[SPOILER AHEAD< WARNING > ]

Hi Badger, 

a follow-up question regarding this mission:
I played this mission a couple times recently - not a single time the SA-6 were both taken down by the SEAD flight. Best they could do was one. 
In the end I had to take the second SA-6 radar myself and was left with one Mav to take the one SAM. I ended up using the extra AIM-9 to destroy the taxing F-4s.

I guess it's definitely something to take into consideration, as it breaks actually the mission, f.e. let the SEAD flight get closer, or start higher, as the HARMs are getting borderline slow when employed by the AI from the current position.

Hi Cpt. Weber

Yes this has been raised recently.  So today have been updating the mission with a safety mechanism if the DCS AI fails to do it's job.  This then won't break the mission. There has been a lot of recent DCS AI updates that can cause new problems in previous working campaign mission.  This will be issued in next DCS update.  The truth is the mission makers golden rule is 'never rely on AI to do something critical in the mission' 😉.

Glad your enjoying.