radar and data link track issues

dutchili
Go to solution Solved by skywalker22,

• Solution

1st of all, set radar antenna to correct position. The ACQ (acquisition cursor) has two numbers, set antenna to the height that the bandit will be between those 2 numbers. In your case, the bandit was at Angles 33, your ACQ was between angles 19 and 1! Those two numbers mean the lowest and the highest elevation where radar antenna is looking. You can adjust with Radar Antenna elevation knob (in-game controls: RDR Cursor up, down, left, right, you can also use axis). And you can use Bars, to change the difference between those 2 numbers (1B, 2B, 4B).

image.png

image.png

Why AWACS didn`t see the bandit I don`t know. Maybe was in its blind spot, that happens (when in turn or something).

Edited by skywalker22

• ED Team

Hi dutchili, 

as mentioned above there is some good advice to help you with RADAR contacts. 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Thanks for the help. The ACQ settings helped for a target at my flight level, but not for a bogey at 7000 ft while i was at 30000ft, bogey was hot.

Also still lost PDT on my wingman while he was constantly flying at 30000 ft.