Can the Hog carry up to 6 AGM-65's ??

On 5/7/2022 at 11:39 AM, Adamastor said:

I always assumed that the A-10 can only bring up to 4 Mavericks.  

Then I saw this post on the USAF website.

https://www.af.mil/About-Us/Fact-Sheets/Display/Article/104577/agm-65-maverick/

Does anyone know if the A-10 can actually bring 6 in RL, am I understanding correctly?

They absolutely can carry 6 Mavericks IRL. Even the A-10A could AFAIK.

Now there's a difference between just carrying them and actually launching them. The innermost Maverick on the triple launchers can potentially damage the wheels and thus usually only a maximum of 4 Mavericks are actually carried for combat. But if the situation calls for it it would definitely be possible to use 6 Mavericks.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

13 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

They absolutely can carry 6 Mavericks IRL. Even the A-10A could AFAIK.

Now there's a difference between just carrying them and actually launching them. The innermost Maverick on the triple launchers can potentially damage the wheels and thus usually only a maximum of 4 Mavericks are actually carried for combat. But if the situation calls for it it would definitely be possible to use 6 Mavericks.

Thanks. In fact that's the answer I got from a RL A-10 pilot, I post it below, he was a real gentleman:

The A-10 can carry six AGM-65, but in practice will usually max out at four. The inboard station of the LAU-88 is close to the A-10 main gear nacelle. The exhaust from the inboard Maverick will scorch the main gear nacelle, the tire and the enpenage. The additional drag and weight of an additional two AGM-65 also adversely effects the A-10 performance. The most common loadout is a single Maverick loaded on a LAU-117A on stations 3 and 9.

Drag seem also to be a major concern.

• Like 1