WWII Radio

Hawkeye60

Herein, you will find a WWII radio. It has a pole, and speakers. Place anywhere in your mission. It will play all your favorite WWII Big Band hits of the day! It will loop till you exit the mission.  Unlike a radio station, which needs a transmitter, and a radio to tune in the correct frequency, This one will play no matter what. It has no collision shell. You can not destroy it. It is a static object, even though found under armor. Given way points will accomplish nothing. The tunes are distance affected. Like any ambient in sim  sound, the closer you are, the louder it gets. And vice versa. This mod is a copy of SuntSags Siren mod. I removed the broken Karmaz, and replaced the siren with my own files, without changing the files. Only the name was changed to protect the guilty! LOL This works a treat! The idea came to me out of no where.  One more thing. Using the same method, You can "broadcast" any sounds/tunes/alerts etc you wish! Just change the correct files. I converted a wav file to ogg. it saved almost 450 MB of space! The sim will just play it, NP. Have fun! I also have many WWII broadcasts, the real things, which I will turn into  another "station" D-day and Pearl Harbor!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Up-date 2024.1.13

This is SuntSag's Air Raid Siren

Tested in MT OB just now.

Fixed for 2.9

https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/8q2ihh4chi7q9nribi3je/Air-Raid-Siren-V2.9.1.zip?rlkey=drjcxiwce5lxhri305nlggfws&dl=0

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqmhr0hw7mm6198/WWII Radio V1.0.zip?dl=0

Inside are a few WWII radio Broadcasts.

From the Attack on Pearl Harbor,

To British and Winston Churchill.

With the Japanese as well.

These need to  be named the very same as the ogg file in the mod.

Or,create a copy and make a new version.

Many of these files are meant for in cockpit use.

Use as you see fit.

All downloaded free from various sites, with common use permissions.

This will help with immersion!

Enjoy!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/tqnossn7m7pihaz/WW2Radio.zip?dl=0

Screen_220507_004741.jpg

Screen_220507_004646.jpg

Screen_220507_004733.jpg

Edited by Hawkeye60
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 4

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

First post up-dated!

New audio files and broadcasts to use!

See the instructions.

If anyone gets them working in cockpit, post the mod in this thread please.

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

It seems the mod is broken by a recent patch/up-date.

I am looking into it.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

I think 2.9 broke this mod.

Have not tried it since 2.9 was released.

Worth another look.

It may work once again.

I have good news!

I may have found the issue!

I have SuntSags siren back working!

Will post this one ASAP.

I need to do some edits to the WWII radio to get it working once again.

• Like 2

SuntSag's Air Raid Siren

Has been released!

See the first post.

• Thanks 1