Radar display unreadable

Airfan

Hi,

I started playing the F-5 tutorial until I had to use the radar. It seems like the display is in ultra low resolution and it can't be used at all.

Screen_220313_172821.png

Screen_220507_173827.png

I7-4770K | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H |24GB DDR3 Geil Enhance Corsa | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 Gaming OC

47 minutes ago, razo+r said:

Have you tried a repair, removing any mods and/or deleting your fxo & metashader folder?

None of this helped unfortunately. I haven't removed any mods since I don't have any for F-5. My last attempt will be to reinstall the whole game but before that I am ready to try anything else. Does the module run well with your installation?

I7-4770K | Gigabyte GA-Z97X-UD3H |24GB DDR3 Geil Enhance Corsa | ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1070 Gaming OC

None of this helped unfortunately. I haven't removed any mods since I don't have any for F-5. My last attempt will be to reinstall the whole game but before that I am ready to try anything else. Does the module run well with your installation?
Do not re-install. Waste of time. Do a repair instead.
Make exceptions for DCS in your AV.
Consider temporarily rename your Saved Games DCS folders.
Get this app.

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/134493-the-dcs-updater-gui-utility/

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, MAXsenna said:

Do not re-install. Waste of time. Do a repair instead.
Make exceptions for DCS in your AV.
Consider temporarily rename your Saved Games DCS folders.
Get this app.

Hi and thanks for the tips! Did all of the above and nothing helped unfortunately.

Other suggestions? 

On 5/7/2022 at 6:21 PM, Airfan said:

I haven't removed any mods since I don't have any for F-5.

You are using other mods?

Other approach: Are you using any special graphic setting (e.g. in the NVIDIA control panel)?
I remember having problems with the Maverick WPN page in the F-16 when I used a certain setting from the control panel (unfortunately I can't remember which one it was ... sorry)

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

22 hours ago, TOViper said:

You are using other mods?

Other approach: Are you using any special graphic setting (e.g. in the NVIDIA control panel)?
I remember having problems with the Maverick WPN page in the F-16 when I used a certain setting from the control panel (unfortunately I can't remember which one it was ... sorry)

I ended up reinstalling the game from scratch and it is the same. My NVIDIA control panel settings should be by default. I don't remember changing them ever but will try reset anyways.

I think it was either one of:
 - "Antialiasing - Gamma correction"
 - "Texture filtering - Anisotropic sample optimization"
 - "Multiframed Sampled AA (MFAA)"

Sorry, I am still not sure which one it was, but I hopy you get it work.

Kind regards!

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Hi and I am sorry for the delayed answer. 

@VZ_342 The Brightness is at 48, contrast at 85

@TOViper I didn't find the exact same settings but played a bit with the gamma, antialiasing and anistroping filtering without luck

@Sacarino111 I didn't find presistence settings 

Here are my current settings:

dcs-settings.png

This just makes the targets visible for a longer/shorter time, not the radar bulb, does it?

Edited by TOViper

my computer: