Mission 15 (Last one) is Broken 5/7/2022

Smokey43

This campaign needs to fixed. Last mission is broken. Aircraft reports crash upon trigger to orbit while the gunships make entry to the zone. No obstructions, nothing hit. Happens everytime I hit this area. Campaign makers have a duty to be sure all is well regardless of updates. Especially true when the campaign is still offered for sale. BTW the Night vision in the Huey is horrendous. 

Campaign maker should consider an option on time of day due to the many issues with NightVision. 

4 hours ago, Smokey43 said:

This campaign needs to fixed. Last mission is broken. Aircraft reports crash upon trigger to orbit while the gunships make entry to the zone. No obstructions, nothing hit. Happens everytime I hit this area. Campaign makers have a duty to be sure all is well regardless of updates. Especially true when the campaign is still offered for sale. BTW the Night vision in the Huey is horrendous. 

Campaign maker should consider an option on time of day due to the many issues with NightVision. 

Hey, Smokey43, we are really sorry that you are facing issues regarding mission 15. 

I just tested mission 15 and it seems to work fine to me, the apaches are engaging ground targets and them we are ordered to land to the briefed area. 

Could you please provide some more info regarding this, ex. the last message you receive. 

The campaign is tested after every major DCS update, and issues that make a mission unplayable are fixed and sent to ED in order to be included in the next update.   

It is true that the NVG is an issue, but unfortunately it is not within our reach. 

King regards Petritis. 

"ARGO 2.0 Project Phoenix" UH-1H DLC Campaign - WIP

"ARGO" DCS UH-1H DLC SP Campaign

Thank you for the reply that is very much appreciated, I have returned to the campaign after being away for awhile... My last 2 attempts with the last mission ended the same, All was going well, progressing without issue, and upon the trigger to orbit while the Apache' engage is when the mission fails, When I checked what could have been the reason the entry is "Crashed". I'm not sure if it is meaning "me" or the Apache'. I can tell you I certainly did not hit a thing. I will try again, perhaps later today and see what happens but like I said the above has happened twice thus far.

Last night the issue did not occur, I was able to get passed this area without an issue. However, I did crash upon the 2nd attempt to land on the roof of extraction point 😡, Although my fault, the NVG is a nightmare and I assume some blame to that 😇. Back to the orginal issue, I wonder if the Apache' crashed an a funky AI issue, I'm not quite sure but I do know I was travelling along just fine when the mishaps reported a crash. In any event, I was able to proceed. 

Thank you Petritis for your quick response and testing. It's refreshing to see content creators respond as you did. I hope all follow your example. Thank You again!

2 hours ago, Smokey43 said:

Last night the issue did not occur, I was able to get passed this area without an issue. However, I did crash upon the 2nd attempt to land on the roof of extraction point 😡, Although my fault, the NVG is a nightmare and I assume some blame to that 😇. Back to the orginal issue, I wonder if the Apache' crashed an a funky AI issue, I'm not quite sure but I do know I was travelling along just fine when the mishaps reported a crash. In any event, I was able to proceed. 

Thank you Petritis for your quick response and testing. It's refreshing to see content creators respond as you did. I hope all follow your example. Thank You again!

I am really glad that you managed to progress. I am pretty sure that apache crushes is a random AI issue. 

Due to previous DCS building issues we altered a bit the mission and there is no need to land for a second time on the same building. You are free to land within 500m distance from it. We added also a message. Just find a nice flat spot a go if it. 😉 

• 1 year later...

Hello,
I am hereby reporting a serious terrain bug related to Mix 15.

No way to land on rooftop...the Huey crashes all the time.

There are many weird up/downdraft in proximity of the buildings and the LDZ is corrupted due to a strange geometry of the main building.

I noticed this issue was already present in the past but I ensure you that it's still there...

Thanks

• Like 1

MIGNUS

Setup: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming plus, Intel i7 8700k, Ram 2x16Gb Crucial Ballistix Sport CL15 DDR4 3000MhZ, GTX 1070ti, 500Gb SDD, 1Tb HDD, Oculus Rift S, TM Warthog, TM Hornet Grip, TM Rudder pedals, 2x TM MFDs, 44” Tv, Home SIMPIT F/a-18c 1:1 scale Fully functional Main Instruments Panel

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/18/2024 at 1:54 AM, ROBYMIG said:

Hello,
I am hereby reporting a serious terrain bug related to Mix 15.

No way to land on rooftop...the Huey crashes all the time.

There are many weird up/downdraft in proximity of the buildings and the LDZ is corrupted due to a strange geometry of the main building.

I noticed this issue was already present in the past but I ensure you that it's still there...

Thanks

Hey ROBYMIG since, 2017 we changes the LZ numerous times due to the issue you are reporting. For this reason we decided to enlarge the LZ trigger zone and now there is no reason to land on top of the building. Anywhere near it inside the village will work. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks Petritis

• Like 1

MIGNUS

Setup: MSI MPG Z390 Gaming plus, Intel i7 8700k, Ram 2x16Gb Crucial Ballistix Sport CL15 DDR4 3000MhZ, GTX 1070ti, 500Gb SDD, 1Tb HDD, Oculus Rift S, TM Warthog, TM Hornet Grip, TM Rudder pedals, 2x TM MFDs, 44” Tv, Home SIMPIT F/a-18c 1:1 scale Fully functional Main Instruments Panel

On 1/26/2024 at 7:51 AM, petritis said:

Hey ROBYMIG since, 2017 we changes the LZ numerous times due to the issue you are reporting. For this reason we decided to enlarge the LZ trigger zone and now there is no reason to land on top of the building. Anywhere near it inside the village will work. 

Ahhhh!!!! Just noticed this. Gonna try it right away, as I just set the building on fire again. The voice triggers still off though...

Right! It worked told me to return to NATO HQ. Where's that? The Argo? Landed there. nothing happened. Hmmm...

EDIT: Never mind. Been trying to finish this campaign for a couple of years, so I re-read the briefings. US Camp = NATO HQ.

Edited by MAXsenna