DCS Viggen Elint bugd/out of date?

isglas

So me and 5 others flew an Elint flight but we didn't pick up the ELINT data even if we flew over the radars at 4000-6000m and they pinged us with search and tracking radars. Is the elint in the Viggen outdated? or what is up with it? 

12 minutes ago, isglas said:

So me and 5 others flew an Elint flight but we didn't pick up the ELINT data even if we flew over the radars at 4000-6000m and they pinged us with search and tracking radars. Is the elint in the Viggen outdated? or what is up with it? 

I did a elint recon mission last week, and it worked mostly ok... With the exception that it stopped registering new radars halfway through. It does seem to have a finite number of "slots" for radars, so it quite easy to end up filled up with friendly and aircraft radars.

But another important step is to land and go into "BER" (stand-by) for the aircraft to save the elint data.

Unfortunately the Viggens default ELINT data is generally very poor (as you've noticed). If you want actually useful data you probably want to use the Hound script, or something similar if you find any. Hound also works for pretty much all aircraft in DCS so it's a lot more available, and if it doesn't for one it's very easy to add it.
Downside being you have to add it into the mission file, so it's not available in any mission as the default ELINT is.

Viggen is love. Viggen is life.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7-10700K @ 5GHz | RTX 2070 OC | 32GB 3200MHz RAM |

Problem i had whenever i've tried an ELINT mission, is that even when i get sufficient hits at various angles to a source, the result is nowhere near the actual radar location.

The data tells me its worked out the exact location, but when i check on the mission editor, nope, not even close, a good 10km off.

Its a shame as i like the idea of flying more ELINT missions, but i guess this is the level of tech available.  

I can still tell what the source probably is though, so its not all bad 😁

• Like 1

Youtube channel @Flightenvy680

Banner 1.png

39 minutes ago, Ghost79 said:

Problem i had whenever i've tried an ELINT mission, is that even when i get sufficient hits at various angles to a source, the result is nowhere near the actual radar location.

The data tells me its worked out the exact location, but when i check on the mission editor, nope, not even close, a good 10km off.

Its a shame as i like the idea of flying more ELINT missions, but i guess this is the level of tech available.  

I can still tell what the source probably is though, so its not all bad 😁

Hopefully this is something that will get improved sense it feels to be in a very ruth state atm unfortunately:(

9 hours ago, MYSE1234 said:

Unfortunately the Viggens default ELINT data is generally very poor (as you've noticed). If you want actually useful data you probably want to use the Hound script, or something similar if you find any. Hound also works for pretty much all aircraft in DCS so it's a lot more available, and if it doesn't for one it's very easy to add it.
Downside being you have to add it into the mission file, so it's not available in any mission as the default ELINT is.

I’ll definitely look in to this

On 5/9/2022 at 12:49 AM, isglas said:

Hopefully this is something that will get improved sense it feels to be in a very ruth state atm unfortunately:(

I’ll definitely look in to this

Note that Hound supports the Viggen as a valid ELINT platform, so you can pretty much fly the same mission you just did but with Hound doing the ELINT processing.
a few tips if you attempt to do it.
1. Hound cannot verify your loadout and it requires the platform to in in game and active when added to Hound, so you'll need to add the Viggens only after they are airborne. I recommend you have some sort of a "fence-in"/"fence-out" trigger, to add and remove them from hound. This will allow them only to collect information "behind enemy lines".
2. Hound processes information in a "networked" manner. so all platforms are sharing readings and the system then processes it in real time. unlike multiple independent Viggens, that need to land then you can try and fuse the info.
3. Hound will generate RT actionable intel. if you want it for subsequent missions, You'll need to export the data collected, but that is currently only available in the develop build in github.

Edited by uri_ba