Any new finding on the hidden base?

tifafan

2020/5/29 AM2点16分,Mike Busutil说:

For years I have been hearing rumors about a hidden base on the Caucasus map (Possibly other maps) and have seen a few hints or teases from Wags about it. I see it being discussed in FB groups and in the multiplayer chat.

For those of us that like to explore the map, can we get a confirmation from ED on the validity of this? Is there actually a hidden base or is it just a rumor?

If this is indeed a fact,could we get some details as to what it is without giving up the location? Is it a full base or simply a stick on a mountain top?

If it's just a rumor, a confirmation of such would prevent some pilots from flying aimlessly all over the map looking for nothing.

g7dOhsO.jpg

2020/5/31 AM12点12分,Wags说:

Pay special attention to where snark trails converge.

Good luck!

Edited by tifafan
  • Like 1

If it's what I think it is I think I've seen it while looking for places to build race tracks for Shahdoh's Mustang race series...

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

I've heard that it's somewhere near Tiblisi.

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

Heard there are some underground structures, too. Apparently 9, of which 5 have allegedly been found (?). Never saw a map of them.

Is there any way to noclip through the ground or something? Other than using the tunnels.

On 5/30/2020 at 7:12 PM, Wags said:

Pay special attention to where snark trails converge.

Good luck!

Do you remember where that was?

Edited by Kilo
  • Like 1

Все буде добре

On 5/10/2022 at 12:57 PM, rayrayblues said:

I've heard that it's somewhere near Tiblisi.

Well, there is what amounts to a “city” (about 450 bunkers along with numerous tunnels connecting them) under Tbilisi in RL. There are also passageways connecting them to the Tbilisi Airport and other above ground areas.

• Like 2

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

8 hours ago, Raviar said:

there is a hidden Base in Persian Gulf as well 🙂 

Persian Gulf:  abandoned airbase SE of Liwa AFB. Press Lctrl+W in Mission Editor and input these coordinates (Decimal): N 22°46.496' E 55° 3.690' 330 ft.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

I've flown the F11 camera all under the terrain mesh and there's nothing. The only two things that appear below the terrain mesh are road/rail tunnels and bridge pylons. I bet the whole thing is just an inside joke amongst the devs. Otherwise there would be at least pictures sans coordinates by now.

• Like 1

It’s on Dantooine. 

• Like 2

i9-13900K @ 6.2GHz oc | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO | 64GB DDR5 5600MHz | iCUE H150i Liquid CPU Cooler | 24GB GeForce RTX 4090 | Windows 11 Home | 2TB Samsung 980 PRO NVMe | Corsair RM1000x | LG 48GQ900-B 4K OLED Monitor | CH Fighterstick | Ch Pro Throttle | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR 5

Myself, I found the base by eating a plum floating in perfume, served to me in a man's hat.

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

- "Fresh and juicy, ready for the picking."

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

On 5/14/2022 at 6:47 PM, Nealius said:

I've flown the F11 camera all under the terrain mesh and there's nothing. The only two things that appear below the terrain mesh are road/rail tunnels and bridge pylons. I bet the whole thing is just an inside joke amongst the devs. Otherwise there would be at least pictures sans coordinates by now.

I wouldn't expect an underground base to have a full visual representation. More like that there's an overground entrance somewhere or it just generates a damage log if you hit it with a bunker buster.

5 hours ago, Tomas9970 said:

I wouldn't expect an underground base to have a full visual representation. More like that there's an overground entrance somewhere or it just generates a damage log if you hit it with a bunker buster.

Nobody said that it is an underground base. Only hidden.

Maybe in a forested area overgrown by trees.

I'm still searching around Tbilisi.  TBA

🇺🇦  SLAVA UKRAINI  🇺🇦

MoBo - ASUS 990FX R2 Sabertooth,     CPU - AMD FX 9590 @4.7Gb. No OC
RAM - GSkill RipJaws DDR3 32 Gb @2133 MHZ,   GPU - EVGA GeForce GTX 1660Ti 6Gb DDR5 OC'd, Core 180MHz, Memory 800MHz
Game drive - Samsung 980 M.2 EVO 1Tb SSD,    OS Drive - 860 EVO 500Gb SATA SSD, Win10 Pro 22H2

Controls - Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS X,   Monitor - LG 32" 1920 X 1080,   PSU - Prestige ATX-PR800W PSU

On 5/16/2022 at 6:46 PM, mmarques said:

I only know of these but I guess most people probably know about them also:

image.png

That's the site of the Kutaisi Old Airport, about 15km east north east of Kutaisi International Airport.  Think I'll take a Huey over there tomorrow.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

45 minutes ago, NineLine said:

In hate to be the one, but you guys do realize this was all a bit of tongue and cheek from the start... there is no hidden base.

Love it!!!! 🤣

But you do realise now...

FEATURE REQUEST: New 'hidden' base in South Atlantic Map for us to find. 😉

• Like 3