Any new finding on the hidden base?

tifafan

16 hours ago, NineLine said:

In hate to be the one, but you guys do realize this was all a bit of tongue and cheek from the start... there is no hidden base.

That's exactly what somebody who'd want to keep the base a secret would tell us, though.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Kang said:

That's exactly what somebody who'd want to keep the base a secret would tell us, though.

Indeed - it's so simple. All we have to do is divine what we know about ED...

Is ED the sort of company who would put a hidden base in on a map and tell people it doesn't exist, or

Is ED the sort of company who would not put a hidden base in, tell people there's one, and then say there's none - to get people to think there is one?

Now - a clever man would put in a hidden base, and not tell people about it because they'd know hidden bases exist in real life, but also in real life they are not revealed thus ED would be doing the most realistic thing for a simulator by putting in a hidden base...

And we know that ED likes to remain realistic as a simulator, so I can clearly ascertain that there is a hidden base somewhere on the map.... 

BUT -ED must have known their customers know that they think like this, so they would have counted on it and thus not put a hidden base on the map yet said that there was one to throw us off...

So you would think that I have come to a conclusion on the matter, 

But not remotely - because we all know that hidden bases are hidden, and ED likes to tease, so it's quite possible they could have put a hidden base on a map, told us there's a hidden base knowing that we would know it's likely that they have done it, but also calculated in that they are a tease therefore come to the conclusion there is no hidden base, so they put a hidden base there as an inside joke while knowing their base is thus safe from prying eyes...

But this may not be right either - because I come from Australia. And we all know Australia was formed full of criminals, so Australian's grow up not to trust, so clearly my conclusion is wrong because the distrust is there, so the hidden base does not exist, and they're using the distrust in reverse psychology to indicate that there is a base, even though they state there is no base...

Yet - there maybe another conclusion - which is that I have watched too much of this movie in my life and it's influenced me too much. 🤣

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMz7JBRbmNo&t=26s

Edited by Dangerzone
  • Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2022 at 3:43 PM, NineLine said:

In hate to be the one, but you guys do realize this was all a bit of tongue and cheek from the start... there is no hidden base.

Denial is always the first clue that there is really something going on.  This is probably the base where the most advanced aircraft are available.  All those models they pretend aren't available yet, like the Super (Duper) Hornet, the F-22, full fidelity Su-35, a complete set of WWII aircraft from all fronts, and the Colonial Viper (the original, of course, with the King Tut helmet).

It's a conspiracy!  They're holding out on us!  😶

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2022 at 5:43 PM, NineLine said:

Which is exactly what you WOULD say if there WAS a secret base!!!

Let the search continue!

😉

• Like 1

"...I just wanna fly; put your arms around me baby, put your arms around me baby" - Sugar Ray

RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG B550 Gaming mobo, 64 GB DDR4 RAM, 970 EVO Plus NVMe M.2 SSD 2TB game install drive, Oculus Quest Pro via link cable, Standalone DCS beta.

As a software developer myself I know how easily we can be distracted from our work by something new and cool.

I can see what's happening at ED HQ right now...

Manager: Hey! What are you guys working on?

Dev's: Oh - putting in a hidden base into each map so that it'll be there (but hidden) on the next update

Manager: No - you're not supposed to be doing that. You're supposed to be working on xxxxx

Dev's: Oh OK....

1 hour later...

Manager: Hey! Why are you back in the map designer?!? 

When we see less new features added in the next few updates, we'll all have this thread to blame. 😆

• Like 1

Actually, I'm pretty sure there is something relative to the nazis behind the moon... Saw that in a documentary...

"An optimist is a guy who plants two seeds and runs to buy a hammock"

Ryzen 7 7800X3D | Asus ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming WiFi | MSI RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio | 32Go Corsair Vengeance 32Go DDR5 6000Mt/s CL30 | MasterLiquid ML360R | Corsair NVMe M.2 1To x2 | Seagate 2To SATA III | TM Warthog stick base w/ F/A-18C grip + WW Orion 2 throttle w/ F/A-18C grips | FSSB R3 L w/ TM F-16C grip + TM Viper TQS | MFG Crosswind V3 w/ damper kit | Meta Quest 3 128Go | Dell S2722DGM

Mirage 2000C | F/A-18C | F-16C | Su-33 | Mig 29 | Supercarrier | Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandie 2.0 | Syria | South Atlantic | Sinai

36 minutes ago, Kang said:

I don't fly into clouds anymore. Scary things happen there.

In Nepal (the Himalayas) they have a saying, "We don't fly in the clouds, because the clouds have big rocks in them." 😅

• Like 2

I'm not updating this anymore. It's safe to assume I have all the stuff, and the stuff for the stuff too. 🙂