VaicomPro on network

corbu1

Hello,

I‘m thinking about running Voice Attack and VaicomPro on my Server PC and connecting via network with the Client PC where DCS Client is running.

Is anybody running such configuration and willing to share expierences?

thanks in advance!

Edited by corbu1

DCS MT 2.9.3.51704
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - FC3 - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO105 - CH-47F - AH-1G(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer)

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

• corbu1 changed the title to VaicomPro on network
6 hours ago, corbu1 said:

Hello,

I‘m thinking about running Voice Attack and VaicomPro on my Server PC and connecting via network with the Client PC where DCS Client is running.

Is anybody running such configuration and willing to share expierences?

thanks in advance!

I don't have personal experience with this but have read the VoiceAttack and VAICOM manuals and know that VAICOM will communicate with DCS running on a different machine on the same network, provided you use the manual setup method. But I've never understood how this could work in practice since you would then have VoiceAttack and DCS running on different machines and thus not sharing the same input devices. You could not have your VAICOM TX key assignments on the same device as your DCS HOTAS, for example, because those would be on different machines. The VAICOM manual describes how to set up VAICOM for such an arrangement but it is less clear how to set up VoiceAttack, and I don't see any hints in the VoiceAttack manual.

I know that some people run DCS in server mode on one machine and a separate client copy on a client machine. But in that setup I'm pretty sure you would want VoiceAttack and VAICOM to be running on the DCS client machine so that they can share the same input devices.

So I think your first step should be to figure out how to set up VoiceAttack. I suggest you ask about that on the VoiceAttack forums. Once you get that working then setting up VAICOM should be relatively straightforward (albeit tedious) using the guidance in the VAICOM manual.

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

Thanks for your feedback,

your are exactly pointing to the questions which concern me with the network setup.

There are some things the Vaicom and Voiceattack manuals do not explain.

I too, was asking myself if then I have to plugin the input device (mic) and headphone output into the server PC.

Also will the windows voicerecognition on the server PC used ? 

Ok, I‘ll start trying to get some informations about Voice Attack network function. If I found out, I‘ll report.

DCS MT 2.9.3.51704
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - FC3 - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO105 - CH-47F - AH-1G(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer)

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

2 hours ago, corbu1 said:

Thanks for your feedback,

your are exactly pointing to the questions which concern me with the network setup.

There are some things the Vaicom and Voiceattack manuals do not explain.

I too, was asking myself if then I have to plugin the input device (mic) and headphone output into the server PC.

Also will the windows voicerecognition on the server PC used ? 

Ok, I‘ll start trying to get some informations about Voice Attack network function. If I found out, I‘ll report.

I thought I was gonna try for fun once, to test Steam Remote play or similar. 

If I remember correctly from the manual, it's not a server feature. It just say you can run it on another computer, and send the commands over the network to DCS on a second, (or third), computer. Everything must be installed on the local computer. Both Windows and Microsoft Speech Recognition, VoiceAttack, and the plugin.

It's no wonder VoiceAttack doesn't say anything about it. Why would it? VoiceAttack sends keystrokes, mouse and joystick button clicks. You cannot do that over the network.

So I think is better to ask you, what do you need this for? What is your goal? What are the benefits? 

Cheers! 

• 1 month later...

Hello MAXsenna, I gave up on this!

I was hoping to use it as a server feature with Voice attack and VaicomPro both running on the server PC, just to save some ressources on my client PC.
As you already said, Voice attack seems not capable of this. So, I leave it for good and run them as usual on my Client DCS PC.

anyway I‘m wondering for which purposes or configurations the VaicomPro Dev included the network feature in the app……The option you described would mean I could run the Vaicom app on my server PC as a kind of remote control? But VA, VaicomPro and speech processing would anyway run on the client PC and take it‘s ressources?……..I‘d don‘t see there any benefit for my setup.

• Like 1

DCS MT 2.9.3.51704

• 1 month later...
On 6/11/2022 at 5:14 PM, corbu1 said:

Hello MAXsenna, I gave up on this!

I was hoping to use it as a server feature with Voice attack and VaicomPro both running on the server PC, just to save some ressources on my client PC.
As you already said, Voice attack seems not capable of this. So, I leave it for good and run them as usual on my Client DCS PC.

anyway I‘m wondering for which purposes or configurations the VaicomPro Dev included the network feature in the app……The option you described would mean I could run the Vaicom app on my server PC as a kind of remote control? But VA, VaicomPro and speech processing would anyway run on the client PC and take it‘s ressources?……..I‘d don‘t see there any benefit for my setup.

Seems you came to the same conclusion as I did. 😉