(Video) Interesting PTID view with TCS overlay

Zaphael

Just like it says in the name this system requires a PTID, the B that we have has an older TID, the round one. For HB to implement this they'll need to create one of these, but it's highly unlikely that'll ever happen:

Fascinating description of the design decisions behind the F-14 Tomcat, its  flaws, and why it was retired. : r/bestof

BTW if you look closely, this config is actually not that far from what we have in game, has the old HUD, no MFD's at all, old DDD, only the PTID is present, so who knows....

Edited by Egri_komrade
  • Like 2

I was pretty excited about the video too, but then I read the video description:

"PTID (air-to-air tactical display) with TCS video recorded together. This did not appear in the cockpit this way, but with the switches set a certain way, if you selected TCS in the cockpit, the TCS would record over the PTID."

So it didn't display that way on the PTID, it was just an optional way to record the sensor data for debriefs.

• Thanks 1

I think it was similar to how the JF17 MFD's work where all the text is green on the menus but once you go into the flir pod it becomes greyscale. But also, HB has said over and over that they don't have the relevant information to model the PTID.

Source: 

Edited by Rinz1er

On 5/8/2022 at 11:49 AM, Egri_komrade said:

BTW if you look closely, this config is actually not that far from what we have in game, has the old HUD, no MFD's at all, old DDD, only the PTID is present, so who knows....

This cockpit is an F-14A, which did get the PTID but no sparrowhawk HUD or JDAM capability. The jet in the background is in the livery of VF-154 circa 2003.

Edited by Swordsman422
  • Like 1

DCSF-14AOK3A.jpg

DCSF14AOK3B.png