F16ex stick not working

Bottebeitel

Just received the new f16ex stick to fit onto the Orion base. However after swapping it with f18 stick, the SimappPro required me to perform a firmware update. After this updat on the Orion base the stick never worked. It indicates at the test display that it is at it's far left corner and odes not calibrate properly anymore. After following the suggestion of adjusting the config.sjon file no improvements either. Now not the f18 stick nor the f16 stick are working anymore. Anyone else with this problem? It looks like a software glitch.

If you change grips you need to set the device back to default.....pretty sure that under the device tab there is a set default button. I'm at work so I can't confirm the naming convention

• Like 1

Ryzen 9 7950X3D - MSI MAG X670E TomaHawk MB, ASUS ROG Ryujin III 360 AIO

64gig Corsair DDR5@6000, Gigabyte GeForce RTX 4090 AORUS

Winwing Super Taurus, Orion2, TO / Combat panels, Collective with Topgun MIP

Winwing Skywalker pedals, NLR Boeing Mil Edition Simpit, Trackir

• 3 weeks later...

...I did not change the grip. I updated the firmware of the "Super Libra-Base" to Version 1.54. After the update it was marked as complete "CRC check passed, upgrade succeeded":

Update1.jpg

Then, back to the device tab...the square for the F-16Ex-Grip is completely missing and there is a yellow "Updating" lettering?!😱

Update2.jpg

Stick does not work at all. A look at the calibration page shows that everything is dead there.

Does anyone have the same problem and has a solution?

Lurchi1.pngAH-64D Apache***A10 Tank Killer***F-14 Tomcat***F-16 Viper***F/A-18C Hornet***UH-1H Huey***Mi-24P Hind***P-51D Mustang***Mosquito FB Mk.VI***BF109 K4 Kurfürst***Supercarrier***WW2 Assets Pack***Maps of Caucasus / Marianas / Syria / Gulf / Nevada / Channel / Normandy 2.0 / South Atlantic / Sinai***
Intel Core i9-13900KF***Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC***64GB RAM***Pimax Crystal***WinWing Super-Libra mit F-16Ex+TM Warthog Throttle+TM TPR Rudder/Pedals****

I received instructions from WinWing on how to fix the problem...and it works perfectly.

I have to say, Winwing offers a fast and competent service! 👍👍👍

Lurchi1.pngAH-64D Apache***A10 Tank Killer***F-14 Tomcat***F-16 Viper***F/A-18C Hornet***UH-1H Huey***Mi-24P Hind***P-51D Mustang***Mosquito FB Mk.VI***BF109 K4 Kurfürst***Supercarrier***WW2 Assets Pack***Maps of Caucasus / Marianas / Syria / Gulf / Nevada / Channel / Normandy 2.0 / South Atlantic / Sinai***
Intel Core i9-13900KF***Palit GeForce RTX 4090 Game Rock OC***64GB RAM***Pimax Crystal***WinWing Super-Libra mit F-16Ex+TM Warthog Throttle+TM TPR Rudder/Pedals****

So, now a few weeks later since my last posting about a disfunctioning Orion base and stick. I have in dialog with winwing via their chat function and, although it took some two weeks of back and forth chatting/mailing because of the time difference and daily life/work, we got to solution. So they asked me to do all kind of tests in Simappro and provide video's of it, opening the base and reconnecting the different wires. Eventually it came to Winwing sending me a new motherboard and HAL sensor. Changing the latter solved the issue and the stick and base work excellent again.

Sometimes it is a bit of a challenge in the communication with them because English is not their mother tongue nor is it my native language, but we always were able to understand each other in the end. They also showed to be very patient with me as at times I worried so much about my purchase that I wanted to press on with my ideas. But then they convinced me of the purpose of their reasoning and so we got along to find a solution.

All in all, you will be assisted by their personnel and we managed to solve the issue. 

Kudo's to Winwing and reach out to them if you are in need.

• Like 1