Game crashes when flying Cage the Bear - Cargo

Hi,

I've been trying to complete the mission Cargo in the F14. First time I completed the objective, then when returning home and refueling, the game crashed. Ever since, I have not been able to make it to waypoint 1 before the game crashes. Sometimes it crashes upon start up, sometimes in the air.

I have tried to turn off all overclocking on the PC, did not resolve the issue. Other aircraft do not seem to have an issue.

I have already done a DCS repair and am running the stable version.

Another bug I've noticed since one the the latest updates is that when I am doing Instant action CV1 recovery, the TACAN loses its range and bearing information when I am approaching the ship.

Moreover, when hooking up to the catapult, I get violent shaking of the motion sim recently.

I look forward to hearing back.

Thanks

•  
  •  

Bug submit form, "ExampleBug":

---

Bug First time I completed the objective, then when returning home and refueling, the game crashed. Ever since, I have not been able to make it to waypoint 1 before the game crashes. Sometimes it crashes upon start up, sometimes in the air.

Can I reproduce it 100%: yes

If not 100%, how often out of 10: 9/10 (if you have to please take an educated guess)

How to reproduce/ description:

I take off, turn towards waypoint 1, engage autopilot, climb to 30 000ft, then game crashes before making it to waypoint 1. However, it has crashed on the deck as well.

DCS Version: Stable 2.7.11.22211

System Specs:

CPU AMD Ryzen 7 5800X

GPU RTX 3080

32GB RAM

SSD 

Peripherals:

Joystick: VKB Gunfigther

Throttle: Winwing 

Pedals: logitech

Others: DOF reality motion sim 3DOF

Headtracker: Reverb G2 VR

Mission File: Cage the Bear - Cargo

Log: please attach if you have.

Track: Attached is the latest crash

Video/ Screenshots: see link, attached scrnshot etc.

Mods: I do not use any mods

Tacview-20220508-082652-DCS-F-14B - Caucasus - CTB CS 2B - CARGO.zip.acmi

Edited by Dentedend10

Alienware Aurora R10, Ryzen 5800X3D, RTX4080, 32GB RAM, Pimax Crystal, Winwing F18 throttle, VKB Gunfighter F14 Stick, VKB Modern Combat Grip, Logitech Rudder pedals, DOF Reality H3

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, I've tried to reproduce this and can't - runs fine on my system. Afraid I cannot open the track you attached, it looks corrupted perhaps during the crash? Can you try and open it on your side?

Can I check whether you have the same issue on any other mission?

Hi Kaba,

Thanks for getting back. I am attaching two track files. One where I got to the target, got killed on the way back - 45 minutes of gameplay or so with no crash.

Second attachment happened at a later attempt - just heading to Wp1 the game crashed.

Mission before this in the campaign worked fine. Only other campaign I have is the Zone 5 which has worked well so far.

Thanks for the help.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BGdxALtE2hbEfw9zcFM1i0kRjQdYZ_xS?usp=sharing

files were larger than 5 MB

Alienware Aurora R10, Ryzen 5800X3D, RTX4080, 32GB RAM, Pimax Crystal, Winwing F18 throttle, VKB Gunfighter F14 Stick, VKB Modern Combat Grip, Logitech Rudder pedals, DOF Reality H3

1 hour ago, kaba said:

I was able to reproduce this only once after about 10 tries - very strange! I've made some changes to what I think may have caused it. Would you mind trying this version please?

Can overwrite the existing file in DCS\Mods\aircraft\F14\Missions\Campaigns\Operation Cage The Bear\

F-14B - Caucasus - CTB CS 2B - CARGO.miz 5.35 MB · 0 downloads

I will give it a try and let you as soon as I can. Thanks for the effort!

On 6/10/2022 at 1:42 PM, kaba said:

I was able to reproduce this only once after about 10 tries - very strange! I've made some changes to what I think may have caused it. Would you mind trying this version please?

Can overwrite the existing file in DCS\Mods\aircraft\F14\Missions\Campaigns\Operation Cage The Bear\

F-14B - Caucasus - CTB CS 2B - CARGO.miz 5.35 MB · 1 download

Unfortunately no luck on my side. I got to 17 minutes of gameplay and to around 30 000 ft this time.

Attached is new track.

The only mod I have is some kneeboard pages.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1BGdxALtE2hbEfw9zcFM1i0kRjQdYZ_xS?usp=sharing

Thanks for trying - shame that it didn't work. Any chance you can share the dcs log file for the crash? Maybe a clue in there.

Edit - does this sound like the same issue?

Edited by kaba

4 hours ago, kaba said:

Thanks for trying - shame that it didn't work. Any chance you can share the dcs log file for the crash? Maybe a clue in there.

Edit - does this sound like the same issue?

I am not sure where to find any more log files - there is no crash file for today's crash, maybe as I had to exit via task manager?

The only file associated with today's attempt is attached.

The repeatable hang does sound similar - although I had the game crash after Wp1 as well.

dcs.log.old

Edited by Dentedend10

Thanks - I've flagged to Heatblur as it seems linked to a few different missions rather than just this one. Apologies as I'm not able to do much else immediately - but please do skip that mission on the campaign menu so that you can move forward and play the others.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kaba said:

Thanks - I've flagged to Heatblur as it seems linked to a few different missions rather than just this one. Apologies as I'm not able to do much else immediately - but please do skip that mission on the campaign menu so that you can move forward and play the others.

Thanks Kaba for your help! Didn't realize I could do that but certainly will!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi. I'm having a new crash I haven't seen before, and am also on Cage the Bear - Cargo. Logfile attached. It seems to be related to when I quickly look around in TrackIR. No idea if it's actually related to the bug this is about, but I've only started seeing it in Cargo.

dcs.log

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry I´m not sure if it´s the correct place for post it:

After finishing mission nº9 "interceptor", specifically when I return to the carrier, DCS always suffers the same crash; the picture freezes (although not the sound) and I see on SteamVR the message "waiting for DCS"... I'm just flying back, preparing for landing, etc... There are also several friendly aircraft flying nearby.

It has happened to me several times more or less in the same place (close to the carrier). Could it be a mission issue?

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, JupiterJoe said:

Here is a log from the latest crash.

Looks like you run the game and exit immediately. No mission, no crash.

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

12 minutes ago, Karman said:

Game crash on last update with F6 view.  

1 crash with f14/A  + 1 Crash F18..

-->   message "waiting for DCS"

Which weapon? If it was the same between both modules, or similar type of weapon, it would point more towards that.

Let us stay focused in this thread on crashes related to the Cage the Bear campaign.

If this happens again, or if you can reproduce it, please make a separate thread with more information. Thank you!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

18 minutes ago, IronMike said:

Which weapon? If it was the same between both modules, or similar type of weapon, it would point more towards that.

Let us stay focused in this thread on crashes related to the Cage the Bear campaign.

If this happens again, or if you can reproduce it, please make a separate thread with more information. Thank you!

With F18 Harpoon in Bol mod view F6 /   With F14 just during view changing F2..  ( i'm sure the last open beta update is broken.)

(Sorry for not posting this information in an appropriate topic.)

Edited by Karman

On 7/22/2022 at 12:49 AM, Karman said:

With F18 Harpoon in Bol mod view F6 /   With F14 just during view changing F2..  ( i'm sure the last open beta update is broken.)

(Sorry for not posting this information in an appropriate topic.)

Thank you!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• 3 weeks later...

FWIW, I just started replaying this campaign, and got 3 crashes in a row on Cargo.  First two were on the way to way point one.  I thought maybe it had something to do with compressing time, so I didn't mess with the time on the third time.  This time I completed the objective and was RTB.  The game crashed just as I was crossing the coast to go feet wet.

Also, I should note that I did one thing different from the first time I played this campaign last year...I equipped with the Lantrin pod and GBU's.  Not sure that'd make a difference.

Hi,

I fly the Cage the Bear campaign and had several freeze and crash... I flew twice the mission 6 - Interception. First attempt : freeze and crash about 50 NM to the carrier. 2nd attempt : no issue.

Difference between both flies : 2nd time I did NOT use F2 view key. Never. Flew all the time from the cockpit.

Maybe the way to fix the issue.

Cheers.

• Like 1

On 8/19/2022 at 5:03 AM, dggoofy said:

Hi,

I fly the Cage the Bear campaign and had several freeze and crash... I flew twice the mission 6 - Interception. First attempt : freeze and crash about 50 NM to the carrier. 2nd attempt : no issue.

Difference between both flies : 2nd time I did NOT use F2 view key. Never. Flew all the time from the cockpit.

Maybe the way to fix the issue.

Cheers.

If mission 6 is the one where you intercept bombers coming over the border over-land, I also had that crash while on the way back to the carrier and I was cycling through external views.

I just tried the mission 9 again. I did not use F2 or other external view funtions. 

Again, when I was returning to the carrier (near the cost), freeze, crash and message "Waiting for dcs" 

Asus Rog Strix Z390F, i9-9900K, 64GB Crucial DDR4/3300, RTX3080, NVMe M.2 980 Pro 1T x2, SSD Evo 860 1T x2, Seagate Barracuda 1T, Seagate Barracuda 6T, HP X32C, HP Reverb G1