AWACS performance

nickos86

Hi,

Would you guys say that the current AWACS is overpowered? Almost a 'GOD EYE'? In the DL you can many time notice low and slow helicopters or very far away targets. It's a bit of a pain specially in PvP and not sure how realistic is it. What do you think?

Thanks. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nickos86 said:

Would you guys say that the current AWACS is overpowered?

No. You can notch it, hide behind terrain, stay outside range and there's even blind area because of the wing blocking the radar sight in the orbit.

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10 i7-10700KF 32GB RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M HOTAS   ✈️ FC3, F-14A/B, F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR, PG, Syria

4 hours ago, nickos86 said:

or very far away targets

My impression is rather the opposite: I find the range rather underwhelming, even over flat terrain (Eastern Syria for example).

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Heli's (they're all low and slow LOL) make a LOT of radar noise as far as I know...  seems legit.

Edited by M1Combat

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

On 5/12/2022 at 7:12 AM, Ignition said:

The jammer doesn't work against the DCS AWACS does it? I never tried it.

Against AI, jammers only do one of 2 things:

• Emulated track-breaking (breaking locks of RADARs locking you) - only the F-16CM and F/A-18C (at least).
  • Reduces the lock and launch range by some percentage (possibly when outside the burn-through range) - everything else.

Neither apply to AEW&C aircraft or search/acquisition RADARs in general.

It should be possible to hide aircraft in noise from a SOJ aircraft, but I don't think this is possible in DCS.

Edited by Northstar98

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

On 5/8/2022 at 7:00 PM, nickos86 said:

Hi,

Would you guys say that the current AWACS is overpowered? Almost a 'GOD EYE'? In the DL you can many time notice low and slow helicopters or very far away targets. It's a bit of a pain specially in PvP and not sure how realistic is it. What do you think?

Thanks. 

Not to mention it's perfect resolution - it can discriminate every target regardless of the range.

Cmptohocah=CMPTOHOCAH 😉