Does Anyone Know What These Are?

Rex
Go to solution Solved by Kang,

I've been searching around, but it's hard to find info on them when you don't know what they're called. "Fan looking things on the end of a stick +Apache helicopter" doesn't get it done.

APACHE1.jpg

Edited by Rex

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2 

• Rex changed the title to Does Anyone Know What These Are?

They're high tech wind socks 🙂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Air Data Sensors as mentioned above.

ADS sensors. Quick Start Manual page 33 & 187.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Awesome, thank you all so much!

Edited by Rex

Rex's Rig

Intel i9-14900K | Nvidia RTX 4090 | 64GB DDR5 | 3x4TB 990 Pro M2 SSDs | HP Reverb 2 | 49" Samsung 5120x1440 @ 120Mhz

TM Warthog Stick + Throttle | TM Pendulum Pedals | MS Sidewinder 2 FFB | Track IR |  Cougar MFD x 2 

FWIW, I downloaded this thing to try and identify them, but if they're in there, I don't see them. It's pretty cool otherwise, though.

Apache64.jpeg

Rex's Rig

The Air Data System (ADS) consists of two independent air data subsystems: the Flight Management Computer (FMC) and the Helicopter Air Data System (HADS). The HADS is comprised of the High Integrated Air Data Computer (HIADC) and two Airspeed And Direction Sensor (AADS) probes. The AADS probes sense airspeed magnitude, direction, and free airstream temperature. The HIADC uses this data, along with ambient and pitot pressure sensors, to compute air mass related data. The FMC computes pressure altitude, pitot airspeed, and density altitude related information. The FMC receives longitudinal and lateral true air speeds, static temperature, and non-filtered true air speeds from the HIADC.

That's from the DCS manual.

There's also a diagram on page 187.

Edit: Just noticed Devrim said the same thing in a much shorter post.

Edited by ddc196

AMD Ryzen 9 5900 - AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT - 64GB 3200 - Win 11 - 2 TB SSD (game drive) - Quest 3.

Cow balls like you find on the bumper hitch of some trucks?

Asus Prime 390A, Intel I7-8700k@4.8ghz, 32g ram, Nvidia EVGA GeForce RTX 2070, Track IR5, SSD(DCS dedicated), HDD for Win 10. TM Warthog 78051 Track IR5 Thrustmaster pedels

So in short, this is a Pitot-tube plus static port for airspeed and air pressure, a 2 DOF (2 degree of freedom: turning around the vertical axis and tilting up and down) pointer (into the relative wind at any time) and a thermometer integrated in one sensor unit (or pair of them for backup/redundancy).

The 2DOF (most likely) controls the Velocity Vector/Flight Path Marker on your IHADDS by simply putting the VV symbol to the point in space, where the physical sensor is pointing to at any moment.

Edited by Razor18
  • Like 1