[Reported] on Syria, JF-17 crashes DCS when someone requests 'bogey dope'

Napillo

It happened twice today, once while I was in the air, once while I was on the ground - I was playing and there was another Jeff on the server. When someone (not a Jeff) requested a 'bogey dope' the audio plays "request bogey dope" and then the client crashes. It affected both of the Jeffs connected to the server.

Edited by uboats

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/8/2022 at 4:28 PM, Napillo said:

It happened twice today, once while I was in the air, once while I was on the ground - I was playing and there was another Jeff on the server. When someone (not a Jeff) requested a 'bogey dope' the audio plays "request bogey dope" and then the client crashes. It affected both of the Jeffs connected to the server.

Yeah also just experienced this bug, can Deka verify.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

+1

"Sometimes, flying feels too God-like to be attained by man. Sometimes, the world from above seems too beautiful, too wonderful, too distant for human eyes to see."

– Charles A. Lindbergh

Sorry no, it was on blueflag. It also seems like its not 100% every time, as I had some flights when someone called the DCS awacs and it didn't crash. 

Does DCS save the crash files anywhere? If so I can probably dig it out. 

Edited by Harlikwin

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

1 hour ago, Harlikwin said:

Sorry no, it was on blueflag. It also seems like its not 100% every time, as I had some flights when someone called the DCS awacs and it didn't crash. 

Does DCS save the crash files anywhere? If so I can probably dig it out. 

saved game/dcs.xxx/logs/ some zip pack or log file with coredump info at the end

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

On 6/1/2022 at 2:30 PM, uboats said:

saved game/dcs.xxx/logs/ some zip pack or log file with coredump info at the end

Jeff crash BF dcs.log-20220531-010136.zip

Here you go. 

Edited by Harlikwin

I'm seeing these two messages a lot...

2022-05-31 01:01:16.236 ERROR   SOUND: can't load wave: "speech\rus\common\atc\4\effects\aircrafts\cockpits\radioclickbefore.wav"
2022-05-31 01:01:16.238 ERROR   SOUND: can't load wave: "speech\rus\common\atc\4\effects\aircrafts\cockpits\radioclickafter.wav"
2022-05-31 01:01:28.740 ERROR   SOUND: can't load wave: "speech\eng\common\player\effects\aircrafts\cockpits\radioclickbefore.wav"
2022-05-31 01:01:28.767 ERROR   SOUND: can't load wave: "speech\eng\common\player\effects\aircrafts\cockpits\radioclickafter.wav"

• uboats changed the title to [Reported] on Syria, JF-17 crashes DCS when someone requests 'bogey dope'
3 hours ago, Napillo said:

I guess [Reported] means it's an ED problem?

the crash info shows nothing related to JF17, but more of DCS core radio/datalink routes

So need ED's help to figure it out.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |