[CHK] standby targeting mode unusual behavior

Napillo

Load some PL-5EII and switch backup targeting to IR, it shows the circle for the missile seeker.  Unlock the seeker, it starts shaking, as usual. However, when I change modes to NAV or INTC, the missile seeker is not locked, but it stops shaking, and the only way to get it to show correctly is by turning off the standby / backup targeting and turn it back on again. It's the little switch that has 'off', 'bomb', 'ir', and 'gun'.

Edited by uboats

• 1 month later...

reproduce - start instant action bvr, switch to INTC, then d to switch to IR missiles. reticle shows. Uncage them. switch 1 to go back to nav mode, flip on the standby IR, see the IR missile but reticle is caged. Switch back to INTC, press D to select IR missiles, no reticle but you have the buzzing.

See attached track.

It also does the same for bomb reticle, but did not test that with this track.

IR reticle disappearing.trk

Edited by Napillo
bomb reticle affected as well

10 minutes ago, Napillo said:

pinging @uboats on this since I don't think it has been triaged yet, and I do have a track file attached.

there could be many issues hidden in stby weapon mode, will check it later

use normal weapon delivery systems at this moment 🙂

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• uboats changed the title to [CHK] standby targeting mode unusual behavior
23 hours ago, uboats said:

use normal weapon delivery systems at this moment

When I want to be stealthy, I like to use the PL-5EII seeker but fire the SD-10 missiles on the found targets, with my radar turned off. The best way I found to do that is by using the standby targeting mode. 

• 2 months later...

something I just noticed with the latest patch - if I enable standby targeting, the hud brightness seems to go at 2 fps, so you turn down the brightness, it turns off, but to turn it back up, it takes 15 seconds to go to the proper brightness.

nevermind - it seems to do that when you turn it off and on again, makes sense I guess...

Edited by Napillo