General questions about performance and sensors

Sheepy

Hello :),

So from what I can see on Razbam's social media we are getting the F15E Suite 4+. Now I have tried looking around and I can't find any info on suite upgrades for the F15E. just a note for those that are not aware, please don't share any real world documents here, we will get in trouble xD.

My first question would be what engines are fitted to the suite 4+, the 220 or 229 and does that 6000lbs of thrust make it perform somewhat equal to a C with 220s with 1.7 ton less? I guess weight and G would still play a major role?

My second question, what radar comes with the suite 4+?

If you have some good reading material or links I can go check out please DM me and I will share my discord handle or email 🙂

i7-9700K || GTX 1080 Ti || 32Gig 3200 RAM || 1TB NVME & 1TB SSD || X56, Track IR, CH Pro Rudder Pedals

Hello, you can find answers of all of your questions in the unofficial FAQ posted on the Razbam discord.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/544231925263630336/941078615641165824/Frequently_Asked_Questions.pdf

We're getting the -229 and the radar is the APG-70 👍

I dunno about the performance but it's discussed in the CFT removal thread.

Edited by Papanowel
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Papanowel said:

Hello, you can find answers of all of your questions in the unofficial FAQ posted on the Razbam discord.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/544231925263630336/941078615641165824/Frequently_Asked_Questions.pdf

We're getting the -229 and the radar is the APG-70 👍

I dunno about the performance but it's discussed in the CFT removal thread.

Thank you :).

That FAQ helps a lot. Can't wait to see the official announcement xD.

I guess performance is a very difficult topic. So many variables related to it.

i7-9700K || GTX 1080 Ti || 32Gig 3200 RAM || 1TB NVME & 1TB SSD || X56, Track IR, CH Pro Rudder Pedals

• 2 weeks later...

On Aviation Archives an official 850 pages F-15E Flight Manual from 1993 is publically available. I won't post it here due to the forum rules. With performance for both PW220 and PW229 engines and drag factor of all different weapons, sensors and even CFT to calculate drag index of any configuration and its impact on performance.

Edited by bies
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One thing to add is that Suites are not tied to engines or other hardware like the radar type.  The F-15E fleet is roughly half and half 220s and 220s.  They are also currently a mix of APG-70 and -82.  Yet all the jets get the current suite OFP.  So at the time, All jets had S4+ OFP, but they obviously didn't reengine them.  Suites in the -15E are nothing like Blocks in the Viper - where you have both SW and hardware unique to a particular block.  

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

• 3 weeks later...

The APG-63 has a range of 100nm for small sized targets (according to the ADA publication), curious what the range of the APG-70 is, but since part of the design philosophy of the F-15 is having the most powerful radar, it makes sense it would be at least the same or more range.

8 kilowatts is nothing to sneeze at.

Edited by Napillo
  • Like 2