Allow the use of the HDU with NVGs

llOPPOTATOll

• ED Team

Aside from it being a prohibited procedure in the US Army, there is no evidence to support the claim of "many" Apache pilots. I know it is mentioned in a book, and I know one or two pilots that have done it, but that hardly equates to a common technique.

One pilot that tried it said it wasn't very effective because you lose a lot of your NVG field-of-view because of where the goggles are required to be adjusted to fit in front of the HDU.

• Like 1

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

5 hours ago, Raptor9 said:

Aside from it being a prohibited procedure in the US Army, there is no evidence to support the claim of "many" Apache pilots. I know it is mentioned in a book, and I know one or two pilots that have done it, but that hardly equates to a common technique.

One pilot that tried it said it wasn't very effective because you lose a lot of your NVG field-of-view because of where the goggles are required to be adjusted to fit in front of the HDU.

I was flying with an apache pilot yesterday and he was talking about how he did it irl and how other people do it too and was wishing he could do it in game.

• Like 1