Hellfire misses target

bflo

tracks atm are kinda buggy i think, cause for me the cam was all shaky the whole time and the first 3 missiles did not hit at all xD (did not alter track speed or any key input)

edit: after re-watching the track, on the third time it worked and i can confirm the hits on the moving targets.

well nvm. The thing is, you are shooting your missiles LOAL DIR from around 7 km and a high altitude with clear Line of Sight (LoS) on targets. AFAIK in this case you would should better use LOBL. Start lasing before shooting and wait for the bigger solid constraints box before launching the missile. This way the missile will instantly "see" and track the laser energy and fly to the target.

On the 4th (stationary) target you had a big "YAW LIMIT" in the TADS (above the High Action Display). What happened is that the missile was flying away on the direction of the nose of the aircraft and could not detect the laser energy because the laser energy reflection was too far left off the nose of the missile (roughly explained in a very bad english ^^)

More info on the YAW LIMIT -> quick start manual page 265:

Zitat

Weapon Inhibit. Displays safety or performance inhibit indications based on the currently actioned weapon within the crewstation. Also displays W## or T## messages for 4 seconds in the CPG HMD or TADS symbology when a WP or TG is stored using the CPG’s LOS.

LOAL DIR will "slave" the missile seeker to the TADS and "drive" the constraints box. Also the pylon will try to articulate in that direction: (page 300)

Zitat

The LOAL constraints box indicates a maximum allowable offset angle at launch of 7.5° from the missile datum line.

If the aircraft maneuvers to an extent that the source of the constraints box shifts outside of this 7.5° offset angle, the constraints box will switch to a dashed LOAL box.

Normally when using the 1st detent trigger, you would not have been able to fire the missile cause of the constraint (as far as i know! not tested ingame).

Also the when lasing and you get the LOBL box, the missile has a 20° offset angle.

IMHO it is vital to understand the missile contraints box and its functions. A lot of error i see in videos and on this forum is when using missiles or trying to get George to fire missiles and not using the constraints box and setting up the aircraft fo the attack.

Hope this is helpfull

K

edit:

the hight difference between helicopter and the target also seems to be a big issue on this track. when firing in DIR the missile flies pretty straight forward (at least what i saw ingame so far). So from my testing, if you do not lase that 4th target shortly after shooting in that direction (align roughly to target), the missile will "miss" (cant see) the laser energy reflection and will go AWOL 😉

Edited by Kharrn