saved games folder

I have had Open Beta installed for a many years. The last (209) Beta update "broke" the Beta.  To try to see a fix , I loaded the "stable" DCS. It runs fine. 

I have noticed however, that the "saved games" folder location for both have changed. They are now in a user folder  called , in the "FSCAI".  Is this normal?

sg.jpg

11 minutes ago, oldpop said:

OK,  Thats the way it was in mine until now!

i would put money on this being why DCS is crashing. you should have a folder for each installation (or other games) of DCS. make a backup and just move the saved games folder to the root of you user profile. then check the properties.

also have a quick look here.

• Like 1

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

That FSCAI folder is to do with FSX/Prepar3D.  Is it fanware? Im afraid I know nothing about either sim but it appears to be issue in terms of how its shifted the locations of your Saved Games folder. I cant look any further as the links to its download are dead for me. All I can really find are a few references to it on google most of which are highlighting problems various. 

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

good find. there is a like named software by Lockheed Martin https://www.prepar3d.com/product-overview/ FSX as i know it is Flight Sim X. used for training of developing software?

• Like 1

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

do you or did you have FSX or Prepar3D? 

I dont think its DCS causing your issues but something somewhere else in your PC

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

9 hours ago, oldpop said:

yes P3D

it would seem like P3D is changing the properties of your Saved Games. most applications that use the Saved Games folder usually will query the registry for where the Saved Games folder is. so DCS is looking for your profile DCS folder. try making a copy of the DCS.openbeta folder and paste it just under FSCAI folder. "ron/fcai/dcs.openbeta".

I removed P3D and all of it's reg items and folders! Along with DCS/OB folders and reg item. Just reinstalled DCS(non Beta) and it runs so far, but it did create a new FSCAI folder with "Saved Games" in it!!!!

• 5 weeks later...

Windows is being told the Saved Games folder is located in /Saved Games/FSCAI/

Either by Setting, or by mk Link

https://www.google.com/search?q=changing+windows+saved+games+location&oq=changing+windows+Saved+Games+lo&aqs=chrome.1.69i57j33i160l2j33i299.7861j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Edited by SkateZilla

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs