UN Pilot final mission incompleteable

Comrade14

After killing the enemy convoy and being told to patrol the road, nothing happens. Enemy vehicles to the east and all infantry in the field are also dead, once everything is dead and all friendly infantry are dropped off, everyone returns to base without a  mission complete notice.

I played that mission no more than two weeks ago, IIRC, right after friendly infantry reach the field where the insurgents were at the beginning of the mission, you get the radio message that the rebels surrendered and you can RTB.

I suspect that the trigger that finish the mission is friendly infantry getting inside that field (trigger zone), so, even if all the enemies are dead, you have to wait for that to happen. After that, as Senna said, you can RTB and the end credits for the campaign begin to roll.

EDIT: I remember clearly that I still had three enemy infantry in the field and they were despawned by the game when friendlies got into the zone. I think it confirms what I wrote above, you have to wait for the friendly infantry to get to the field.

Edited by Gianky
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Gianky said:

I played that mission no more than two weeks ago, IIRC, right after friendly infantry reach the field where the insurgents were at the beginning of the mission, you get the radio message that the rebels surrendered and you can RTB.

I suspect that the trigger that finish the mission is friendly infantry getting inside that field (trigger zone), so, even if all the enemies are dead, you have to wait for that to happen. After that, as Senna said, you can RTB and the end credits for the campaign begin to roll.

EDIT: I remember clearly that I still had three enemy infantry in the field and they were despawned by the game when friendlies got into the zone. I think it confirms what I wrote above, you have to wait for the friendly infantry to get to the field.

On 5/10/2022 at 3:55 PM, MAXsenna said:

I'm not at my computer, but if I remember correctly, I just flew along the road (NE?) for a while until a trigger was executed.
Cheers!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

I just retried the mission and the same thing happens, patrolled up and down both roads leading out of the city that the convoy was on and fast forwarded time until it was pitch black out and still nothing. Thank you for the suggestions, though.

Edited by Comrade14
  • Like 1