Trim Trick ... much easier

firefox121

Sorry, I know that what I will write is no "pure" real simulation BUT.....I found the apache much much harder to fly than Huey, even with all the technical helps the computers gives to the apache, so.... great adition to the trim reset etc, but....I noticed that the up/down/left/right cursors move the stik and it stays there, a kind of trimming in planes, so I bounded the keys to my trim hat (with a modifier) and now all becomes easy, can make corrections without pressing and hold the trim button and depressing it and trying to see where the damm cross is in the control indicator window...

I know it is not the best aproach to a "real control simulation experience", but it works fine, can be done also with the rudder pedals for fine tunning.

LAST VERSION : you must not touch ciclic while my "fine trimming solution" and whrn in desired position push TRIM button (in my keybinding TRIM HAT UP) in order to save the new fine adjust and not reverse to standar possition.

Edited by firefox121
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

Nice catch! 🙂

It's like magnetic trim or something. 🙂

I agree with you about "sim experience" thing but I'll try it as soon as possible.

Thx. 😄

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

9 hours ago, firefox121 said:

....I noticed that the up/down/left/right cursors move the stik and it stays there....

Are you referring the same behavior of the  up/down/left/right "arrow" on keyboard like it dose in Huey?

Mine don't seems to stay....   is it the recent patch or since the begining??

You can use the cursor keys and then immediately press the force trim release button to store the new position. It works but it's just a workaround. I suggested ED add a directional trim cheat to the module here:

but the suggestion didn't create a lot of traction.

19 minutes ago, cow_art said:

You can use the cursor keys and then immediately press the force trim release button to store the new position. It works but it's just a workaround. I suggested ED add a directional trim cheat to the module here:

That is just a wish list, isn't it?

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR, TKIR5/TrackClipPro, Win 11 Pro

4 minutes ago, scommander2 said:

That is just a wish list, isn't it?

Not sure what you mean? Using arrow keys + trim currently works ... in principle. But it is unreliable, quirky and IMHO not a very good solution.

What I suggested in the post linked above is to have dedicated directional trim buttons like for example the Hind has. Those would be unrealistic for the Apache, that's why I labeled them as "cheat". Those dedicated trim buttons are a wish list item and it seems very few people are interested in them.  So the workaround (arrows + quickly press trim) is what we currently have.

2 hours ago, cow_art said:

What I suggested in the post linked above is to have dedicated directional trim buttons like for example the Hind has. Those would be unrealistic for the Apache, that's why I labeled them as "cheat". Those dedicated trim buttons are a wish list item and it seems very few people are interested in them.  So the workaround (arrows + quickly press trim) is what we currently have.

Got it.. thanks!!

Dell XPS 9730, i9-13900H, DDR5 64GB, Discrete GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4080, 1+2TB M.2 SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog/TPR, TKIR5/TrackClipPro, Win 11 Pro

hace 11 horas, mwlue dijo:

Are you referring the same behavior of the  up/down/left/right "arrow" on keyboard like it dose in Huey?

Mine don't seems to stay....   is it the recent patch or since the begining??

Yeah, it works like in Huey...at least till yesterday... will try today

Intel i9 10850k - MSI Tomahawk 490z - 64 GB DDR4 3000 - HP Reverb G2 - MSI optix Mag321curv 4k monitor - MSI RTX 3080ti - Winwing Orion Throttle base plus F18 stick

Why would you touch a button like 25 times just so you can not trim with one button press?

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Or...  you can use the STICK to fine tune it, then trim again???  Like it's designed...

I really don't see how this is any improvement at all.  I mean I'm all for people finding ways that work for them to do whatever they're doing...  but this is only worse in all cases as far as I can tell UNLESS you have a SUPER jittery stick or you don't have sensitive motor control so you can't gently move the stick.

• Like 3

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)