50/50 vaicom doesnt work

spikenet

Hi, I've been having a hell of a time with vaicom since latest update where is seems to work 1/2 the time. I say the phrase, get the beep then nothing happens in DCS. I only am flying the AH64 so maybe this is part of the problem?

Also, have to mash the radio button to get the radio menu up so I can do my comms, its getting really frustrating and to the point I'm going to abandon vaicom. Hopefully there are some suggestions how to problem solve it.

10 hours ago, spikenet said:

Hi, I've been having a hell of a time with vaicom since latest update where is seems to work 1/2 the time. I say the phrase, get the beep then nothing happens in DCS. I only am flying the AH64 so maybe this is part of the problem?

Also, have to mash the radio button to get the radio menu up so I can do my comms, its getting really frustrating and to the point I'm going to abandon vaicom. Hopefully there are some suggestions how to problem solve it.

It’s got issues with the Apache right now. Waiting for an update. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Anybody getting issues with Vaicom and/or VA auto-switching channels on your radio?  I intentionally don't use simplified radios or menus because I like the immersion, and I ran into this on Hoggit's training server last night.

R9 5950X @ 4.75GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 | EVGA RTX 3090 FWT3 | MSI X570 Godlike | custom EK loop

Valve Index | WinWing Super Libra, Super Taurus, PTO and PCR | MFG Crosswind

On 5/17/2022 at 3:06 AM, nacardamon said:

Anybody getting issues with Vaicom and/or VA auto-switching channels on your radio?  I intentionally don't use simplified radios or menus because I like the immersion, and I ran into this on Hoggit's training server last night.

Yes I do to but only in mp. No idea what is causing it. I believe it has something to do with easy comms enabled. Your own settings do not seem to matter.

1 hour ago, RedeyeStorm said:

Yes I do to but only in mp. No idea what is causing it. I believe it has something to do with easy comms enabled. Your own settings do not seem to matter.

Thanks for the sanity check, Redeye.  I should probably find a way to DM the devs for either/both of those apps to see if that's something they can fix.

R9 5950X @ 4.75GHz | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR4-3200 | EVGA RTX 3090 FWT3 | MSI X570 Godlike | custom EK loop

Valve Index | WinWing Super Libra, Super Taurus, PTO and PCR | MFG Crosswind

• 2 weeks later...

Just thought I'd update my findings, I removed the export lua, did a repair. I also change my button setup so only have TX1 active and set everything easy comms. Now I have no issue with the ah64 and everything seems to be working so much better. Hopefully at some point we do not have to run easy comms as norm just doesnt seem to work for me.

20 hours ago, spikenet said:

Just thought I'd update my findings, I removed the export lua, did a repair. I also change my button setup so only have TX1 active and set everything easy comms. Now I have no issue with the ah64 and everything seems to be working so much better. Hopefully at some point we do not have to run easy comms as norm just doesnt seem to work for me.

Great thanks for the tip.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Am 28.5.2022 um 04:57 schrieb spikenet:

Yes, I did the same but binded TX1 to TX3 to the same PTT button and have it now running for almost a week quite good now. I did a lot try and error with different settings when easy comms off, but never worked or was heavy faulty.

As a workaround it‘s well for me, but I still hope VaicomPro will get a update for the AH64.

DCS MT 2.9.3.51704
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - FC3 - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO105 - CH-47F - AH-1G(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer)

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1