Raven One: Dominant Fury

Hey guys,

Thought I start a new topic here posting news about the upcoming prequel to the Raven One campaign. Starting with this little snippet below (only 1 min of in-game footage), I'll try to capture some interesting moments during the testing and post them as I go. 

EDIT: snippet 2 added

Edited by baltic_dragon
  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Ooh, I hope that guy responds. It would be horrible if things ended up escalating.

Hoping for a nice easy campaign where all parties are compliant with international law, misunderstandings are discussed with calm diplomacy, and nobody gets hurt or has to resort to the use of deadly weapons!

• Like 3

Modules: Wright Flyer, Spruce Goose, Voyager 1

2 minutes ago, tifafan said:

Which map will it be?

Think it's Syria.

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

18 hours ago, VDV said:

i hope it will be with real squadrons this time? cos fictional squadrons in previous campaing was not good idea...

Well… these will be the same squadrons as in previous campaigns - the ones that were in the novel. Would not be a good idea to recreate a book and use different squadrons that were there. BTW - why do you think it was a bad idea, @VDV?

• Thanks 1
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

3 hours ago, VDV said:

Because its not realistic, there are not such kind of squadrons and aircraft carrier in real world. Besides of that,the previous campaign was great.

When Kevin Miller wrote Raven One he made the decision to use fictional squadron and ship names. The pilot's name are all fictional too, does that bother you? It's hard to call the books not realistic based on that, Miller was a real-life Hornet pilot and squadron commander, and his books are some of the most realistic looks into what life is like as a carrier strike fighter pilot.

It makes perfect sense to me that a DCS campaign based on a book would use the same fictional squadron and ship names the book used. Besides, the "Raven One" story would be pretty weird without the Ravens. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

@baltic_dragonwhat order would you suggest for those who have not yet completed Raven One campaign? Since the upcoming campaign is a prequel, perhaps it's better to start with that?

• Like 1

Верните короновирус в качестве главной проблемы, спать в маске буду, обещаю.

Скрытый текст

Hardware: AMD 5900x, 64Gb RAM@3200MHz, NVidia RTX3070 8Gb, Monitor 3440x1440(21:9), Samsung 980pro 1Tb NVMe SSD, VKB Gunfighter+MCGU, Virpil Throttle CM3, VKB T-Rudder, TrackIR.

• 4 weeks later...

There was mention of a readme file but I haven't been able to find it in either the SavedGames or core DCS directory after downloading the campaign.  Or can I download it from somewhere? I found the one for the original Raven One campaign online but not the one for Dominant Fury. 

I think Mission 10 may be bugged. Two F-14's are in the path to CAT-1, and do not move, causing a traffic jam. Only the E-2 and Heli are able to get into the air. I managed to takeoff and get to Marshall, but no one else is able to get off the deck. 

• 1 year later...

Really enjoying this one. Up to mission 3, really scratching my head with that briefing. Yes, I know it's realistic jargon but I don't have the 1000s of hours using the jargon to work out what the hell they're talking about - FINEX, Constructive Load (I think I can guess that one), poppin', 47K shot. I'll do a trawl through the PDFs to see if I can clear it up. 😄

• 1 month later...
On 10/17/2023 at 4:49 PM, Bashibazouk said:

Really enjoying this one. Up to mission 3, really scratching my head with that briefing. Yes, I know it's realistic jargon but I don't have the 1000s of hours using the jargon to work out what the hell they're talking about - FINEX, Constructive Load (I think I can guess that one), poppin', 47K shot. I'll do a trawl through the PDFs to see if I can clear it up. 😄

FINEX- finished exercise

47K shot- catapault launch with gross weight of 47k. This tells you what to set your trim at

System: Ryzen 5900x, G.Skill 3600 32GB, MSI 4090 suprim liquid X, samsung odyssey+ headset