Scud vehicle movement

Go to solution Solved by toutenglisse,

Hi all,

I'm pretty sure that if you have a group of scud vehicles that are placed stationary in the ME, that they would stay still and fire their missiles, However i've noticed that when i give them a fire mission (fire at object), they all disperse, causing some not to start their launch sequence.

I tried spawning them in late or having them drive along the road to the fire mission waypoint, however, as soon as they reach the waypoint they once again randomly disperse. 

Is this a bug or normal behaviour. Seems odd.

Please see track file

Thanks 🙂 

Scud moves.trk

19 hours ago, toutenglisse said:

Hi, your track contains mods.

You should post a track of the issue without mods.

Apologies, please see attached file.

The scud vehicles move to the fire mission way point but then randomly disperse. They also do this if they are place as stationary on the map.

Scud moves2.trk

• Solution
1 hour ago, antiload said:

Apologies, please see attached file.

The scud vehicles move to the fire mission way point but then randomly disperse. They also do this if they are place as stationary on the map.

Scud moves2.trk 51.88 kB · 1 download

Your issue is that the "firing spot" is not suitable. Scuds need relatively clear and flat surface to be able to zero angles with rams, and roads direct vicinity has some steep there. I moved the "firing spot" a few meters away offroad and all units can fire.

suitable-firing-spot.jpg

Edited by toutenglisse
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1