StreamDeck XL - No sending 'some' Keyboard Commands

Hi All,

I am having an issue with some keyboard commands being sent to DCS. Things like LShift + V works etc, however commands like the following are not being accepted

Pause - Full Pause

LWin + Home - Auto-Start

LWin + End - Auto-Stop

LCtrl + LShift + Pause/Break - My combination for Active Pause

I am using the standard StreamDeck HotKey command, with Differentiate Left/Right Modifiers active. I am basically trying to set up controls like ESC, Active Pause, Full Pause

Anybody ever had this, and if you did, i beg you to tell me what you did if you managed to resolve it?

Thank You

Toni

Edited by Toni Carrera
Removed - RCtrl + Return/Enter - Show Controls Axis

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

Since you mentioned "setting up": one thing I've found is that the bind screen doesn't always accept the controls if they're input from the Streamdeck and there are lots of modifiers, but the game itself will - if that's the case here, you can set up the controls using a regular keyboard or the dropdowns.

Hi Frenzon,

I am not entirely sure I understand what you mean

Toni

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

ThrustMaster HOTAS Warthog Throttle & A10C Stick, ThrustMaster F/A-18C Stick, ThrustMaster TFRP Pedals, ThrustMaster Cougars x 2, fitted to CubeSim USB Screens, TrackIR 4 Active LED & Cap Reflector, Stream Deck XL

Intel® Core™ i7-5820K 12 Core Processor, 32GB RAM, 1 x 500GB SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD, 1 x 1TB SSD 4 x 4TB Western Digital Mechanical. 2 x ASUS GTX 1080's SLI, ASUS 29" Ultrawide flanked by 2 x 22" IPS Monitors

9 hours ago, frenzon said:

Since you mentioned "setting up": one thing I've found is that the bind screen doesn't always accept the controls if they're input from the Streamdeck and there are lots of modifiers, but the game itself will - if that's the case here, you can set up the controls using a regular keyboard or the dropdowns.

Hi.

My experience is just the oposite. In the setup screen the key input is recognized, but not in the game itself. I am not talking about "StreamDeck" in particular, but about any Hotkey program I know: TouchControl, Voice attack or similar. The problem seems more obvious if the command is full of LShift, RCtrl or similar. The more complex, the more likely to fail, eventhough it works fine in the setup screen. My Last try/failure was with the AH64 and the Keyboard Unit, but I'ver seen this a lot, so much a lot that I finally stoped trying those programs and started using "Button Boxes", with great succes, I must add.

Saludos.

Saca111

Edited by Sacarino111

Hi Both,

I am not sure I made my original case clear. The StreamDeck is accepting all the commands and combinations that I am assigning. It is only when pressing the buttons. that it does not send them to the sim. Some of them pass to the sim without issue. things like RCtrl + Return (Control Axis), LCtrl + V (George Show/Hide) etc etc

It is ones like LWin + Home (Auto-Start), LWin + End (Auto-Stop). Pause, ESC etc the do not get sent to DCS. The keyboard commands using direct on the keyboard work in Sim, just not when sent from the StreamDeck XL

Does that make it any clearer

Toni

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

@Bailey and were you using the built in HotKey function of the StreamDeck software, or an addon such as BarRaider's products etc?

I am trying to use HotKey function that comes built in with Elgato default software

Toni

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

2 hours ago, Toni Carrera said:

@Bailey and were you using the built in HotKey function of the StreamDeck software, or an addon such as BarRaider's products etc?

I am trying to use HotKey function that comes built in with Elgato default software

Toni

the one built in.

Hi @Bailey

What would you suggest I try if you can send ESC and PAUSE and I can not?

Thanks

Toni

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

Hey @Toni Carrera,

I've encountered this same problem in the past and the path of least resistance for me has been to simply rebind the commands that make use of these keys to something else. 

For example, I rebound anything that used PAUSE to be "L Shift + L Alt + P" or something like that.

It's not ideal, but it's functional.

I've tried a variety of different solutions and still haven't come up with anything that addresses the larger issue...there's just something weird going on behind the scenes regarding the way DCS and the StreamDeck reference these specific keys.

This is similar to the route we had to take a few months back with the snap-view keys, if you recall that discussion.

I'd love to get a DCS programmer and a StreamDeck programmer in a room together to figure out what they're doing differently.

-Stew

Hangar: A-7 | A-10C | AV-8B | F-14B | F-15C | F-15E | F-16C | F-18C | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA342 | UH-1H

@Stewmanji Nice to hear from you

Now you mention that Snap View thing, I do recall and I just checked the StreamDeck and I did change those keys

I would so love to get them together as well, There would be so many things to ask for

e.g. Is there any plug-in, or whatever way, so run a sequence of commands that are based around DCS Interface commands

For example, I have a sequence of DCS Interface buttons presses that I press as part of 'my' Hot Start routine, so I would like to do 'Primary BRT' x 6, then WPN x 1. BR/SGT x 1, IHADSS x 1

Bit like a macro sequence but for DCS Interface programmed buttons

Toni

null

image.png

Edited by Toni Carrera

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

Hey @Toni Carrera, great question and I know exactly what you're trying to do.

I would think this is possible, but I honestly haven't tried something like that before. It might be worth a question directly to @ctytler

I wonder if there is a way to make the streamdeck virtually push buttons for you. For example, by pressing this button I execute a macro which presses the other buttons I've already made x times, and then that one y times.

I'm totally spitballing here so none of that might be possible, but it's one possible workaround that came to mind.

Hangar: A-7 | A-10C | AV-8B | F-14B | F-15C | F-15E | F-16C | F-18C | KA-50 | Mi-8 | SA342 | UH-1H

2 hours ago, Stewmanji said:

Hey @Toni Carrera, great question and I know exactly what you're trying to do.

I would think this is possible, but I honestly haven't tried something like that before. It might be worth a question directly to @ctytler

I wonder if there is a way to make the streamdeck virtually push buttons for you. For example, by pressing this button I execute a macro which presses the other buttons I've already made x times, and then that one y times.

I'm totally spitballing here so none of that might be possible, but it's one possible workaround that came to mind.

You can make dcs-interface macros by making a standard SD Macro Tile and then adding the presses there.

@Bailey I know you have been specific in your suggestion, but could you be a fraction more specific, or, are you referring to

nullMulti Action and then coding every button again as in the image

That would be a huge amount of work, or are you referring to something obvious that I have clearly misunderstood, as normal

Toni

image.png

Edited by Toni Carrera
Image change

Toni Carrera (Ice Rhino)

7 hours ago, Toni Carrera said:

@Bailey I know you have been specific in your suggestion, but could you be a fraction more specific, or, are you referring to

nullMulti Action and then coding every button again as in the image

That would be a huge amount of work, or are you referring to something obvious that I have clearly misunderstood, as normal

Toni

image.png

Not the multi-action, Just the 1 action (unless you actually want to make it that way, then you are correct). Yes, depending on the number of actions the macro is, you'll need to make thay many DCS-Interface momentary buttons.