Left Pedal travel limited after moving Cyclic backwards

AeriaGloria

I’ve had times where it seems my max left pedal decreases and increases in a turn. 

I did a test in active pause and found that if I trim the stick, any movement from from trimmed center backwards, caused my maximum left pedal travel to decrease. If I changed trimmed point, the amount it limited my left pedal with rear cyclic changed accordingly. 

I have read every Mi-24 manual I can find. D, V, P, M, and cannot find any mention of this in it or anywhere else. If it is a bug, it would be a strange bug. 

i also have a hunch it might also decrease your left pedal in accordance to vertical G, but I would need to test that again 

I would think if this was real, perhaps it was like the movable stop system that stops you from moving the cyclic too far backwards on the ground under 7 degrees of pitch to stop rotor from hitting the tail. But I have no idea what possible function a stop of this nature would do. You can literally see your pedals move as you pull the stick backwards (if you have a decent amount to full left pedal input), and your pedals travel go back to normal when cyclic is back to center. 

I wouldn’t want to make a bug report unless I was as sure as possible, and asked if anyone knew what this was or had experience of it. Ever since I noticed it, I assumed it was something real that just wasn’t never talked much about becuase most people aren’t pulling the stick too much in Mi-24 and constantly using trim to zero out any forces 

Edited by AeriaGloria
  • Like 1

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• AeriaGloria changed the title to Left Pedal travel limited after moving Cyclic backwards
10 hours ago, admiki said:

Does it happen at all times and all collective settings? I can test when I get home

I did not test the lower collective settings. I have always noticed it in flight from cruise to take off power. And I’m pretty sure the rest cyclic pitch stop CAN engage when below 7 degrees pitch. So yes, in my active pause testing I didn’t test probably 1-7 degree collective pitch range

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

Thought some dev said somewhere the tail rotor gets limited power at certain collective settings thus you lose authority.  May have been in Russian forums when hind came out.  Maybe this isn’t what your experiencing 

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

27 minutes ago, rcjonessnp175 said:

Thought some dev said somewhere the tail rotor gets limited power at certain collective settings thus you lose authority.  May have been in Russian forums when hind came out.  Maybe this isn’t what your experiencing 

It wouldn’t be less power, as I can have full pedal in, and my pedals physically move farther towards centers as I move cyclic back, and can see the according movement on R control + enter menu. It seems to be almost half left pedal available at full back cyclic 

But what’s odd is it seems to be, not just the left quadrant so to speak. If I move my stick the left, it seems to begin to cause it or come close. And same if I move it back or even all the way back and right. But the closer you get to that maximum bottom left position, the more your pedal is restricted

I also sometimes wonder if G has something to do with this, as it usually happens while I’m pushing 2 G in high speed turns. 

Going to record a track and make a big post. Can’t find anyone else that think it might be a real mechanism and it’s not in any of my real life Mi-24/35 material 

• Like 1