Second Shadow

Raviar
Go to solution Solved by joey45,

There's a new, supposedly rather performance-heavy, shadow tech that was added to the Supercarrier, and allows the deck to look much more realistic during night ops. It has to do with how multiple light sources illuminate the deck and interact with each other. Haven't checked it out yet, but it looks cool in the screenshots.

• Like 2

And its a work in develpment. Even in in this early stage it does massively improve the look of night ops on the carrier though it does come with quite a heafty performance hit. 

Visally the shadows are perhaps a little too deep in comparison with the existing dark areas on the deck and are quite unrefined. Much less of an inssue when in the cockpit than in external view Ive found. 

• Like 1

MSI Tomahawk X570 Mobo, Ryzen 5600X undervolted on Artic Freezer E34 Cooler, RTX3080 FE, 32GB (2x16GB Dual Ranked) GSkil 3600 CL16 Trident Neo RAM, 2X 4th Gen M2 SSDs, Corsair RM850x PSU, Lancool 215 Case. 

Gear: MFG Crosswinds, Warthog Throttle, Virpil T50CM gen 1 stick, TIR5, Cougar MFD (OOA), D-link H7/B powered USB 2.0 Hub all strapped to a butchered Wheel stand pro, Cushion to bang head on, wall to scream at.  

• 4 weeks later...

I was looking for an explanation for this as well. But what would really be helpful is if someone posts screenshots with and without the setting activated. Anyone up for the challenge?

I tried but I can't tell a difference, because I'm not sure where to look

• Like 1

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

3 hours ago, dresoccer4 said:

I tried but I can't tell a difference, because I'm not sure where to look

Look at the carrier deck at night when flood lights are on.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria