Missions without triggers or scripts?

Hi,

I have just purchased a copy of the "Crew" campaighn for the Mi8 in the hope that I might learn a few things about more complex mission building by deconstructing it a little. I have found though that when opened in the ME, there appear to be no triggers or scripts referenced directly from the ME.

I gather then that the triggers and other actions must be getting handled externally from what I can see and edit in the ME?

The only clue I can see is that within the campaign files that downloaded, there is a .pak.crypt file, which I can't open to look at.

Can anyone shed any light on how these missions work?

🙂 CFI

CPU: Intel i9 13900KS @5.8GHz | MB: ROG Strix Z790 Gaming-E | GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX3090 OC | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Dominator DDR5 @6200MHz | Cooling: Custom CPU/GPU cooling loop | PSU: Supernova 850G2 @ 850W | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit
Storage: 3x Samsung EVO 970 Plus M.2 1Tb + 3x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250Gb | Input: TM HOTAS WH Saitek Combat Pedals | Output: Samsung 50" OLED TV | VR: HP Reverb G2 | Audio: Realtek + Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System

14 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

I think you can. Just not save the mission, so it must be played from within the ME. 

So you can open the mission in the ME, but the parameters are locked except for the player aircraft? Do you know if you can change the time and weather?

Questions, questions, questions... 

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

1 hour ago, Chief Instructor said:

in the hope that I might learn a few things about more complex mission building by deconstructing it a little.

Payware is encrypted as a copy protection ... you are better off studying Mi8 missions freely available here:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/type-is-single/unit-is-mi-8mtv2/apply/

Edit: However, you should still play the Crew campaign, as it will give you a feel about the overall mission design and style.

Edited by Rudel_chw
  • Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

So you can open the mission in the ME, but the parameters are locked except for the player aircraft? Do you know if you can change the time and weather?

Questions, questions, questions... 
I believe most of the "settings" can be changed. Haven't really tested it. But basically the "mission" is hidden, ass far as I could see, when I was testing something.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Beirut said:

Do you know if you can change the time and weather?

Yes you can edit most of the mission, except for the Triggers and the Goals ... and of course you cant Save or Save as

copyprot.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Interesting info, thanks all. 

I expect then that the 'meat' of the mission lies within the mysterious .pak.crypt file? Am I right in also assuming that the tools to package a mission like this are not something that's included in the vanilla ME?

CPU: Intel i9 13900KS @5.8GHz | MB: ROG Strix Z790 Gaming-E | GPU: Asus ROG Strix RTX3090 OC | RAM: 32Gb Corsair Dominator DDR5 @6200MHz | Cooling: Custom CPU/GPU cooling loop | PSU: Supernova 850G2 @ 850W | OS: Windows 10 Home Premium 64Bit
Storage: 3x Samsung EVO 970 Plus M.2 1Tb + 3x Samsung 850 EVO SSD 250Gb | Input: TM HOTAS WH Saitek Combat Pedals | Output: Samsung 50" OLED TV | VR: HP Reverb G2 | Audio: Realtek + Z906 5.1 Surround Sound Speaker System