English manual update?

Dermax1

Don't tell anyone, but I do a lot of manual reading at work. Because that I use the "Documentation" section of the website a lot.

The last English version of the Viper manual on the website is right around 8 months old. In that time we've gotten additions like Ground Radar, HTS, ECM, Data Link updates, and so on. I would really like to RTFM! Is there any ETA on when we could expect an update?

• Like 7

Chucks @Charly_Owl guide was updated in January 29th .... only 4 months out of date 🙂 but my go too.

ALL OF CHUCKS MANUALS 

• Like 1
Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x [OC_4700Mhz  1.27v All Core],   AMD Rx6700XT 12GB,    32Gb DDR4_3200 CL16,    M.2_NVMe(OS) + 1TB M.2 SSD for DCS install ,    Delan opentrack IR,    QHD 1440p@75Mhz 32" HDR Monitor.

Hotas heavy modded  T.Flight Hotas One - 3D printed Mods. 3D Printed Pedals 3D prinded Delan Clip, Future mods…Upgrade T.flight to Hall sensors…more switches….F-16 ICP,  Spitfire/Mossie switch labels and future Athentikit Spit Mk iX controls.

28 minutes ago, Droning_On said:

Chucks @Charly_Owl guide was updated in January 29th .... only 4 months out of date 🙂 but my go too.

ALL OF CHUCKS MANUALS 

For the first time ever I looked at the guide other than official ED document and quick glance at Chucks F-16 guide revealed contradictory action during start up. 

By ED manual:

nullDL Switch should be set in DL position - which I remember doing from day 1.

By Chuck:

DL (Datalink) Receiver and MAP switches can be left to OFF since they have no function on the F -16C Block 50.

I guess one of them is wrong, right?

image.png

image.png

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

i believe in the block 50 the MIDS LVT knob does the data link.  tbh i always knock all the AP switches to On even the DL switch……. force of habit as i used the official guide like yourself.   

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600x [OC_4700Mhz  1.27v All Core],   AMD Rx6700XT 12GB,    32Gb DDR4_3200 CL16,    M.2_NVMe(OS) + 1TB M.2 SSD for DCS install ,    Delan opentrack IR,    QHD 1440p@75Mhz 32" HDR Monitor.

Hotas heavy modded  T.Flight Hotas One - 3D printed Mods. 3D Printed Pedals 3D prinded Delan Clip, Future mods…Upgrade T.flight to Hall sensors…more switches….F-16 ICP,  Spitfire/Mossie switch labels and future Athentikit Spit Mk iX controls.

Im presuming IDM = Improved Data Modem.... is this modeled in DCS ?  I honesly didnt realise the DL switch turns on IDM.... is the MAP switched utilised for anything.

Found an interesting Austrialian defence artical that discusses what IDM actualy does... page 12 here

Edited by Droning_On
Spoiler